• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Halford
Pennant
Rickets (modelled himself on Messi didnt he?!)

Last edited:
Halford
Pennant
Ricketts - the lazy, lazy bastard.

Greg Halford
Rohan Ricketts
Jermaine Pennant

Watching Bobo Balde attempt 60 yard diagonals to Greg Halford in pre-season at Ashton Gate is forever burned in my retinas.

Greg Halford
Rohan Ricketts
Kevin Foley

Tempted to stick Dave Edwards in this section as he was awful on the right hand side of midfield however the competition is too fierce.

Halford
Pennant
Jones

Halford (first place just because it's him)
Ricketts
Pennant

Somebody mentioned Dave Edwards, but unfair to include him as we know he's not a winger - he knows he isn't either & not his fault if some idiot manager plays him there when he will do what he always does & play his heart out for the team even if totally ineffectively. Might as well put Saville in the list for worst left midfield on that basis.

Central midfield is going to be an excellent debate on here. Nigel Quashie comes out on top for me, but will the likes of George Saville/Dave Edwards get selected much? We've had some absolutely woeful footballers pass through this club :icon_lol:

I won't be picking Dave, as much bandwidth as I've wasted over the last nine and a half years complaining about him.

Won't be picking Quashie either as I never saw him play. Three away games, none of them televised, I didn't go to any of them and that was that.

Central midfield is going to be an excellent debate on here. Nigel Quashie comes out on top for me, but will the likes of George Saville/Dave Edwards get selected much? We've had some absolutely woeful footballers pass through this club :icon_lol:

Mark Atkins, The Egg, Darren Anderton, Ferguson, Quashie and Dan's favourite Seyi to name but a few. It will be fun.

There is the possibility of selecting the most ineffective/annoying central midfield pairing in the history of football

There will be enough who are worse than Edwards or Saville to not have to think about them

Mark Atkins, The Egg, Darren Anderton, Ferguson, Quashie and Dan's favourite Seyi to name but a few. It will be fun.

JOH is the bookies' favourite to earn the #1 slot. And those boys at Ladbrokes aren't often wrong.

I won't be picking Dave, as much bandwidth as I've wasted over the last nine and a half years complaining about him.

Won't be picking Quashie either as I never saw him play. Three away games, none of them televised, I didn't go to any of them and that was that.

I went to the Coventry game with pals of mine from Leamington who supported Cov. I had the (dis)pleasure of watching him waddle around the centre of the park for 80 odd minutes before he was hooked. Literally NOTHING about him that day suggested he should have been a professional footballer. I have a lot of hate for Quashie & Harewood. The pair of useless twats.

Harewood vs Blues is possibly the worst Wolves debut I've ever seen. Appalling. From a bloke who was playing for a permanent deal as well.

Back