• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Agreed but I don't see why that disqualifies him from this vote?
It doesn't. Your vote stands doesn't It?

He record is shit and was not the man for job at all. Just that other actual managers and Deano are deemed by others to worse than him.

Dean Saunders - 88
Glenn Hoddle - 68
Tommy Docherty - 26
Mark McGhee - 15
Terry Connor - 4
Walter Zenga - 3
Colin Lee - 3
Sammy Chapman - 2
Stale Solbakken - 1

A fitting finish.

This shouldn't have been fun, but it was :D Thanks all for participating. I think it's a suitably awful conclusion that we've come to (even if Robert Taylor somehow missed out)

The thing that strikes me about that team is by and large they all had a decent chance to prove themselves and proved themselves to be shit. No Coleman's, Small's etc.

The only saving grace for them in a match might be that the opposition manager would be confused where to attack first. So many weak points.

FWIW I'd absolutely bomb it down our left, that is pitiful.

Lost track of who we picked (& can't be bothered to scroll back that far) - so a final team sheet for us all to admire would be good

That line up is utterly ghastly. I cannot imagine quite how badly it would actually have done.

(I do feel slightly sorry for Frankowski though!)

It doesn't. Your vote stands doesn't It?

He record is $#@! and was not the man for job at all. Just that other actual managers and Deano are deemed by others to worse than him.

And me. Saunders winning is the right call tc was third place for me. Its fun. It proves just how much shit we have signed in 20 years. Thankfully its just impossible for all to have played together thank feck for that. I would have gone straight down the centre. Soft as shite through that centre and anything on target beats biscuit wrists.

Mind you Saunders would have lined them up 3 4 2 1

If you put Deano in charge of our best team that we voted for the other week, then this lot would stand a chance.

Out of interest, those who just missed out (the lucky bastards):

------------------Jones---------------

Ashley-----Bassong---Stancliffe---Clapham

Pennant----Anderton---O'Hara-----Ojo

-------------R Taylor----Clarke----------

Manager: Hoddle

0-0 between the two sides I reckon.

If you put Deano in charge of our best team that we voted for the other week, then this lot would stand a chance.

Can't have that - whoever was managing the opposition, that team wouldn't have been able to fight their way out of a wet paper bag

Out of interest, those who just missed out (the lucky bastards):

------------------Jones---------------

Ashley-----Bassong---Stancliffe---Clapham

Pennant----Anderton---O'Hara-----Ojo

-------------R Taylor----Clarke----------

Manager: Hoddle

0-0 between the two sides I reckon.

Equally shite..

I've been watching quite a lot of the 90s footage of Wolves on youtube lately (TJS Sports has tonnes of old footage), and I have to say Ferguson is better than I remember, great assist for Bull in the Luton away game, very good in the Coventry cup game and I've even seen him make several tackles.

His clash with Alex Rae away at Millwall was great too, the tactics employed that day by Taylor were amazing, Froggatt basically given the entire left side to look after in a way similar to what Dave Jones tried with Naylor many years later.

Back