• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

Yes - he should have grown a set and said no. Others have done it at other clubs. He knew he wasnt right at the time. He could have done a very short term temporary job but when Wolves were exhausting options, TC was the shortest route even though his record as manager was poor from the start. He drew his first game and it was all downhill from there. 30 goals conceded in those 12 games too! P12 W0 D4 L8

Bloody Awful. Makes my list

Bit harsh in my opinion, proper thrown in at the deep end. The damage that season was done before TC was manager.

Glad there's only one vote for Ståle thus far.

Saunders
Hoddle
Mcghee

Saunders was a fucking moron, I honestly never thought anyone would top Glenn 'arrogant wanker' hoddle

Saunders
Hoddle
Connor

Surely those 3 are a slam dunk for anyone born in the 80s?

Given that it's a straight runoff between Saunders & Hoddle (quite rightly) may as well name the Manager now

TC doesn't count in my book.

I'll wrap up the results later, it's been a busy week.

Surprised at the defence of TC. I think we had 21 points from 25 games when we sacked Mick and finished with 25 points from 38 games and that included drawing our last 2. At the time of Micks sacking Jez Moxey said this was " Not a job for a novice" . So whether Curbishley turned us down, Bruce was offered, wasnt offered etc is all a bit moot for me, TC should not have been put in that position. In fact he should probably have gone with Mick. But having been offered it he should have turned it down. It was an horrendous end to an awful year. The fact TC has not ever looked likely to manage since then speaks volumes. They may as well have appointed a fan from the crowd as poor old TC. And as this is the definitive worst list as a competent manager poor old TC was so poor, so inept and lacked so much control of the players I can see why he gets votes. Nice man, lovely chap in fact and nice to chat too but managerially bloody awful with a bloody awful record. At least he never gave Saudersesque interviews. Saunders and Docherty were a long way out in front for me.

If Mick had stayed we would have gone down, if Mourinho had taken over we would have gone down. That's where it begins and ends really

If Mick had stayed we would have gone down, if Mourinho had taken over we would have gone down. That's where it begins and ends really

That may be true. But there was certainly no new manager bounce with TC. We sank like a stone and leaked like a sieve. We went 30 games without a clean sheet. What time do Wolves kick off? Every 15 minutes!

Blaming TC is essentially blaming him for Alan Curbishley being an indecisive prick and Steve Morgan for not having a clue how to go about appointing a manager.

Maybe someone else would have got one win, or two. It would have changed nothing.

Blaming TC is essentially blaming him for Alan Curbishley being an indecisive prick and Steve Morgan for not having a clue how to go about appointing a manager.

Maybe someone else would have got one win, or two. It would have changed nothing.

Still doesn't make tc any good as a manager.Should never have been appointed and then having been appointed did nothing at all.

Back