• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Worst Wolves XI Thread

I don't get the votes for mountfield, there have been far worse!

I'd forgotten about hindmarch tbh

Some will tell you he gets immunity for his goal at The Hawthorns. They are of course wrong. He was shit.

Can't believe Shane Westley didn't get any votes.

Big Shane was good I thought, until he got injured and when he came back he looked beyond awful. But that was about three games and then we got rid.

Anyway you can tell him he was rubbish, I'm not doing it.

Big Shane was good I thought, until he got injured and when he came back he looked beyond awful. But that was about three games and then we got rid.

Anyway you can tell him he was rubbish, I'm not doing it.

Think it was Peterborough at home in 1992 when he came on we were 4-1 and cruising, we scraped by with a 4-3 with him having an absolute howler.
Remember him being the customary fans scapegoat back then.

Roger Johnson - 131
Kaspars Gorkss - 82

Sebastien Bassong - 57
Simon Coleman - 46
Paul Stancliffe - 39
Paul Blades - 37
Lawrie Madden - 20
Joachim Björklund - 20
Manuel Thétis - 17
Eric Young - 15
Darren Peacock - 13
Isaac Okoronkwo - 13
Rob Hindmarch - 10
Joe Gallagher - 9
Ethan Ebanks-Landell - 8
John Holsgrove - 8
Michael Mancienne - 8
Neill Collins - 7
Bobby Coy - 6
Riki Herbert - 5
Colin Brazier - 5
Nicky Clarke - 5
Derek Mountfield - 4
Gabor Gyepes - 4
Oleg Luzhny - 3
Darren Ward - 3
Christophe Berra - 2
Steeve Epesse-Titi - 2
Peter Zelem - 2
Danny Batth - 2
Mikkel Bischoff - 1

Right midfield up next - three picks.

Paul Jones
Greg Halford
Stephen Hunt

Controversial perhaps to put Hunt in. People are granting immunity based on one off events...I'm not going down that road though. Spent a fair whack on him when he was injured. Pretty obvious when he eventually appeared in the team that his legs had gone and you were left with a footballer with virtually zero natural ability. His performance vs Watford in 2012/13 is one of the worst I've ever seen from a professional footballer at any level, and I've seen Alan Hutton play on numerous occasions. I'm sure he's a perfectly nice guy but on the pitch he was a horrible little Paul Dickov-style shit, I can't stand players like that, whether they're in our team or not. Plus for a while his presence meant we were playing Jarvis on the right, where he pretty much never had a good game. £3.5m down the drain, one goal doesn't change that.

Doesn't really come close to the top two though, Jones is possibly the worst footballer I've seen in a gold shirt (maybe Nouble comes close, not many others) and Halford is a cunt.

To be fair to Hunt after his appalling performance v Watford (?) he put in some good performances and gave everything he had.

Agree on Jones. Just loved his keepy-uppy attempt where he was still doing the a action despite the ball being taken off him 20 seconds earlier.

Jones
Halford
Pennant

Pennant
Halford
Jones

The top 2 get in ahead of Jones as they were complete arsehats, whereas Jones was just awful. If there is a doesn't try/give a shit option that will always beat the plainly wank.

Pennant has always been a prick (and I didn't want us to sign him, and he was predictably dreadful with an attitude to match) but Halford pissed me off way more. Imagine getting psyched out of a derby game by Liam fucking Ridgewell after 30 seconds. Such an irredeemable tosser. Mick, what were you thinking?!

Halford
Rankine
Anderton

That Hunt performance is genuinely up there with the worst performances I've seen, I agree. Guedioura against Wigan is another. He (Hunt) turned up for the last three games of that season (he was awesome against West Brom to be fair) but overall what a terrible signing. Another terrible performance was Halford against Birmingham and he is definitely going in my top three.

Halford
Ricketts (just for Kenny.. unless he was saving him for the left?)
Pennant

Rohan will be my number 1 slot on the left.

Halford
Slater
Pennant

I was gonna put rankine in but I think he gave as much as he could. Pennant had way more ability than he could ever be arsed to show and should have been too good for us

Greg Halford
Jermaine Pennant
Paul Jones

Three utterly terrible Wolves players.

Imagine the energy and commitment levels down that right hand side if it ends up being a Doc/Greg combo.

tumblr_inline_mo1zd18HyZ1qz4rgp.gif

The worst goalkeeper I ever saw making a living at a decent club was Stuart Kennedy at Rangers. The most one sided goalkeeper in history. He took over from another complete waste of gloves in Peter McCloy. Check out this perfromance v England in 1975. Awful positioning and no spring at all.

good lord.

Back