• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The E&S Classic Match Reports

Jolemai

Reaction score
The E&S have been doing these of late, and today's recall is Wolves 1 Sheff Wed 1 (4-3 on pens), 1995

Will never forget listening to this on the radio; how we seemed dead at 3-0 and somehow pulled it out of the bag. One of my first Wolves memories.

The E&S have been doing these of late, and today's recall is Wolves 1 Sheff Wed 1 (4-3 on pens), 1995

Will never forget listening to this on the radio; how we seemed dead at 3-0 and somehow pulled it out of the bag. One of my first Wolves memories.

I was working lates and listening on the radio. Finished work and drove back to Darlington and headed to the club. Got there just in time for the penalties and called all 5 takers and even got the order right.(Then Don) My mates started taking the piss at 0-3 and I was in shock at how it was going. When Pressman smashed his penalty in I thought "ah well, all over". What followed was just astounding and I went mental when Don Goodman finished things off. Such a great memory

That Pressman penalty was unreal. I remember watching this match on TV. Think it was on Sky Sports?

One of my earliest Wolves memories was those two legs. Bart-Williams penalty save late on at Hillsborough was incredible too. We might not be getting exclusive scoops but I do like these editorial pieces Tim II puts together.

Loved that game - almost left at 3-0 down, but my Dad said you never know..

Especially good given Waddle's attitude and comments before the game

No shame in that, of course, seen as almost every Wolves striker in history is also in said shadow.

Should that not be "...seeing as almost..."?

Roberts took his goals well. He was a low quality player but that was not a low quality hat trick.

Bonus point for it being against blues I guess too, so fair comment.

Remember it well Kevin Keegan had not long just taken over and they were pretty awful that night. Andy Much and Paul Cook were on top form that night.

Aye couldn't believe how a team who were as poor and as tactically naive as this, could run away with the league a few months later, remember Brian Kilcline being spectacularly bad before Keegan saved him from further embarrassment.

Three goals off set-pieces as well, have we done that since in a game?

E&S making mistakes even then with their Bully stat, we put 6 past Gillingham in 89 and he didnt score.

Roberts took his goals well. He was a low quality player but that was not a low quality hat trick.

Was a nice hat-trick, he was probably the slowest player (definately forward) who I think I have ever saw play,

In a three horse race, I think he'd lose to Steffen Iversen but he'd beat Mike Small.

On the three set pieces - if you count a long throw as a set piece then three Froggatt dead balls set up our first three goals at The Hawthorns when we won 4-2 in 1996.

Still in the Family Enclosure in those days (Sheffield Wednesday pen shoot out), ready to walk out when we went 0-3, I'll never forget John De-Wolf putting the fear of God up Waddle as they passed each other.
Don't shout it too loud but check out the Liquidator pre-match, happy days.

Back