• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

I don't watch much F1 these days so I'm probably a bit behind the times, but when did it become OK for the teams to negotiate penalties with FIA officials?
We've only been allowed to hear their conversations this season, so who knows.

If Hamilton gets a sniff up the inside there'll be contact guaranteed. Max will make sure of it.

15 minutes left I think before the 2 hour limit
Nope, they have had red flags, so I don't think it applies in the same way. 2 hours from the last restart, 3 hours in total to run the race I think ?

I don't watch much F1 these days so I'm probably a bit behind the times, but when did it become OK for the teams to negotiate penalties with FIA officials?
When these events happen (ie a driver goes off the track and gains a position) the race director (now Masi) has discretion to determine the punishment or send it to the stewards. Usually you never see this because the instances don’t happen during red flags but the teams usually discuss these things with the director before telling their driver to give up the position.

eg for a very basic example - at the first race, Max overtook Lewis after going wide towards the end, RB spoke to Masi to see if the position had to be conceded - he said it did - they told him to concede it and Max did. You don’t usually have additional “no fault” drivers involved like Ocon was

Nope, they have had red flags, so I don't think it applies in the same way. 2 hours from the last restart, 3 hours in total to run the race I think ?
That's much better than what I thought would happen

Utter nonsense this. Such a little cunt.

This bloke is a fucking absolute disgrace..cheating bastard!

Max you are a fucking disgrace
Absolutely. If everyone ever needed any proof there it is in the cold light of day. Red mist came down having to give the place back and made sure they hit.

So did the FIA fuck that up then?

Back