• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2017/18 - everything not Wolves

He works in my industry and is not liked. One of life's bad guys, make no mistake.

I hope that you're one of the better Administrators if that's the industry that your in. My own experience is that they hide behind the mask of protecting the creditors whilst lining their own pockets. I went through an administration at a similar time as Portsmouth and in quite a relatively easy process where a buyer was found within days for one company and the other one had all of its stock sold and liquidated. They charged as much as the complex case of Portsmouth whilst pretending to be the good guys. Lead me and a colleague up the garden path of putting a bid together to push up the price and then threatened us both with legal action if we refused to work for the new buyer.

Hi! Villa fan here.

I can't speak for Villa fans in the Midlands, as I've never had to live with them. Most of my experience comes from VillaTalk and, just based on them, there's definitely quite a few who lack all of those in spades, though they don't lack in making things out to be considerably worse than they are before doing an about turn when we win (and this was true even when we weren't in this dire situation). It's not the worst football forum for discussion by a long shot, but by god they're a bunch of boring, entitled $&%*s when they want to be. The European Cup was over 30 years ago, lads! We've been an unexceptional team for a long time, and the board and management deserve everything that's about to come at them. These recent events have really brought out the "didn't we tell you so?" hindsighters too, which is usually the point when I take a break from the forum. I can't stand people like that, especially when I suspect some of them were among those who saw Xia as our golden goose when he took over.

On the brighter side of things, I'm really looking forward to see how Wolves will do in the PL. I hope you throw the cat among the pigeons, in a good way, and I hope you give the top six a good run for their money. Growing up in West Yorkshire, I also have the benefit of a second team to follow (Huddersfield Town). Last time I went to see them, during their last season in the Championship, the style of football I saw under Wagner was completely unrecognizable from the hoofball tactics I grew up watching. As soon as Town had stopped all that, they transformed into a very decent outfit, and you can see how well it paid off. When has hoofball ever worked? Villa always looked at their most dangerous when they passed the ball on the ground, but there you go. Some managers must get some kind of kick from it, I suppose. Was it like this for you before Santo became your manager?

Thank you for posting in these tough times (even if I find the second team idea a little odd for my tastes!)

We have had managers playing various different styles, but obviously Nuno's method of play is the best most of us under 60 odd will have seen. You have to remember that our absolute glory days under Cullis were referred to as kick and rush.

We had patient passing football under that imbecile Hoddle. I would crawl over broken glass while driving salt into every wound to watch mccarthy football compared to what that fucking buffoon served up.

Nuno ball is exciting, skillful and frankly a joy to watch.

I hope that you're one of the better Administrators if that's the industry that your in. My own experience is that they hide behind the mask of protecting the creditors whilst lining their own pockets. I went through an administration at a similar time as Portsmouth and in quite a relatively easy process where a buyer was found within days for one company and the other one had all of its stock sold and liquidated. They charged as much as the complex case of Portsmouth whilst pretending to be the good guys. Lead me and a colleague up the garden path of putting a bid together to push up the price and then threatened us both with legal action if we refused to work for the new buyer.

This sounds similar to my experience too. I'm sure one of them had two rows of teeth and a pentacle in his office. (Sorry Banjo).

I'm one of those who doesn't take any pleasure in Villa's predicament. I was happy to see them miss out on promotion due to their arsehole manager and fans who were convinced they would catch us. I hated it when they beat us at Villa park.

But Villa has always been one of those established PL clubs in all my time watching football. And yes, I think a relegation and a spell in the Championship will do them some good when it comes to learning a little humility, but I wouldn't wanna see them wound up. They are too big and famous and they shouldn't be allowed to fold. They need rid of that mad Doctor ASAP though.

This sounds similar to my experience too. I'm sure one of them had two rows of teeth and a pentacle in his office. (Sorry Banjo).

Administration should be moved into the public sector in my opinion and should be what is in best interest of the creditor and not how much the administrator can make out of it.

As a creditor, I don’t even fill in the forms anymore as it’s not worth the effort.

I'm one of those who doesn't take any pleasure in Villa's predicament. I was happy to see them miss out on promotion due to their arsehole manager and fans who were convinced they would catch us. I hated it when they beat us at Villa park.

But Villa has always been one of those established PL clubs in all my time watching football. And yes, I think a relegation and a spell in the Championship will do them some good when it comes to learning a little humility, but I wouldn't wanna see them wound up. They are too big and famous and they shouldn't be allowed to fold. They need rid of that mad Doctor ASAP though.

Yeah, even I had to laugh when our fans said Wolves would bottle it. If anyone was going to 'bottle it', I knew for sure it wouldn't be Wolves.

So Villa have come to a deal for this tax bill to be paid in instalments.

Okaaaaaay

What about this month's wage bill?

Sticking plaster on a broken leg.

Seems they have to find £11m over the summer to pay off transfer installments.
£2m to Albion for Chester
£3m to Brentford for Hogan (snigger)

and

£6m to Fulham for McCormack (quadruple snigger )

Final 2 batches of Live games in the Prem from 2019 sold.

Amazon Prime have got 20 live games. This is basically every game from the first mid-week fixtures in December and all the games on Boxing Day
BT have got the 2nd package.

So from 2019

Sky - 128 Games
BT - 52 Games
AP - 20 Games

That Amazon deal is so weird. I can't see what they get out of it at all.

I guess it's purely to get people to subscribe for a month then hopefully stick around (or forget to cancel).

My workmate has AP and seems to think it won't be included in the standard fee

They've already said it will. The AP deal is all about testing and learning both for the PL and Amazon.

My workmate has AP and seems to think it won't be included in the standard fee

BBC reporting they'll be free as TT has said. Their NFL coverage is good and I'd expect their game coverage to be too.

It's incredibly shoddy, the kind of thing any halfway decent web designer could do for you in an afternoon.

They still have this as one of their main news stories (complete with pointless stock image of "man on phone" :icon_lol:)

View attachment 2149

Only that deal never happened. All bull$#@!. They tried changing the terms at the end and nothing went through.

And when you try clicking through to the article in full:

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/Ue/Show/index/cid/140/aid/321

Whoops. Now that sure is a good look for a multi-national, billion dollar company.

Found this on Bloomberg about the deal for millennium films not happening

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...illa-owner-drops-purchase-of-hollywood-studio

Ghana's government has announced it will dissolve the Ghana Football Association.

Shane Warne on why he supports Chelsea:

"He explained: "I had caught the train from Bristol to London and was on the tube when some guy with a Chelsea scarf and Chelsea stuff all over him came up to me and said 'who do you support?'.

"I looked at him and in his hand he had a big knife - a bit like the one Paul Hogan had in Crocodile Dundee when he says 'that's a knife' - so I said 'I support Chelsea'.

"And ever since then, I have been too scared to support anyone else."

Back