• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to the Celtic/Rangers stuff on the radio this morning. I am completely against this idea and do not see how they just join the Premier League when others have to earn the right.

My other thought was how many of these Scots advocating these 2 joining our league are also in the Wee Jimmie Krankie camp wanting independence?

Rather not see all that sectarian nonsense in our league tbh.

Also, I know they'll have bigger TV revenue, but they'd better get used to (probably) never winning the league again and struggling to get into Europe every year rather than being guaranteed at least one of each every season

So the the Celtic Rangers think is pushed again by the big six. And also includes end of season playoffs. So if a Leicester a West Ham a Wolves end up in there the other big six teams get a second chance to prevent them getting Europe.

24 hours after trying to fuck all European football they come up with this? They need putting back in their box sharpish. Punishments for ESL must be severe.

I wonder if all the Italians advocating for the ESL are bald, mustachioed sex pests who hate North Africans.

No? Don't like that generalisation?

Total over reaction. I didn't generalise, stereotype or insult you or your nation

I consider it hypocrisy to want to join our football pyramid but want out of the United Kingdom

Are we going to start trading insults? You have regarding Italians

seriously, why would any PL team that has ever flirted with relegation over the years want Celtic and Rangers added to the league, and on top of reducing the number of teams?

Make Celtic and rangers if they want to play English football, start non league and work their way up like everyone else, hopefully they'd be stuck in league 1 or the championship for years through not being good enough, sure the fans would love Exeter away on a Wednesday in December as well

A big no thank you to Rangers or Celtic in the Premier League. It’s annoying enough having to hear about both teams in our media as much as we do already.

If they want to join the English league, make them work their way up.

Does Celtic and Rangers in PL increase tv revenue? - can't see it
Do they increase attendances? - not in the home end, they will bring a larger away following than half a dozen PL sides, but that'll be peanuts in revenue and probably offset by greater policing bills.
So what is the advantage to existing PL sides including the Sky 6 to having them?

Make Celtic and rangers if they want to play English football, start non league and work their way up like everyone else, hopefully they'd be stuck in league 1 or the championship for years through not being good enough, sure the fans would love Exeter away on a Wednesday in December as well
nah, just tell them to fuck right off

Yeah how dare the British media cover British teams...
Yeah, I appreciate that comment makes me sound a bit like an English nationalistic knob (which clearly I am not btw...)

I’m a big fan of Scotland, I just really couldn’t give less of a fuck about their football teams and having to hear about how one of two teams has won the league AGAIN for the gazillionth time in a row. 😀

They'd be a huge increase in hooliganism if they joined the Premier League, you'd not only have the usual sectarian shite, especially with Celtic but both would bring far more than their allocated 3,000 and have hundreds if not thousands of fans in town centres during every game. Especially early doors when there's a lot of novel new grounds to visit.

Such is the distance it makes sense for them to make pretty much every away game a weekend on the beer.

I was delighted we avoided them in Europe last year, leave them where they are.

I can't see why there would ever be serious discussion on it.
I get why Rangers & Celtic want into our Premier League.
I can't see any positives for our Premier League in having them join though. So what's the point?!

I remember when I started following football there was talk that Rangers and Celtic would be midtable Prem sides.

Whether that was true then (~2011), I don't know. But these days, I'm not even sure they'd compete in the Championship.

I wouldn't mind a unified "British" pyramid, but I think the clubs from Scotland would be in for a very rude awakening were that to happen.

Current Rangers would probably just about stay up in the PL but that's more of an indictment on how shite the bottom five are.

Current Celtic would be top six Championship.

They'd be bottom 6 now. Give them the money and they'd be challengers. Big stadiums, massive fan bases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back