• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Americans can ever truly get it. We don't grow up with the highs and lows of relegation and promotion. It is a very definitively different world on your side of the Atlantic.
I think I implied this a few days ago Alan and you disagreed with me😊

I do wonder if the pressure on owners of arsenal, United et al and what I think will be a challenge to find new owners might result in them going full mike Ashley

Well the precedent with Henry and Boston Red Sox is out there. Traded the arguably best player in the MLB in Mookie Betts and got a value so rancid it utterly defied logic unless you thought he was trolling the fans.

Like just about everything involving baseball, it's even better when you hear it live. After a while you can tell a home run just by the sound of the contact.

You couldn't pay me to watch baseball on TV, though.
It sounds really meaty like a hook shot in cricket. My favourite ever sound though is a perfectly timed cover drive, it's a bit less bassy and sounds more like a pronounced click.

Edit. If I ever go to the states I'll watch a baseball game

I have followed the Cubs since a holiday in the Dominican Republic the summer Sammy Sosa was taking on McGwire in the home run stakes. Locals told me I had to be a Cubs fan for Sammy.

I have only been to a spring training game. Rangers v Yankees somewhere between St Pete and Naples in Florida. One day I would love to go to Wrigley, but the only time I have been to Chicago I never left O’Hare as I picked up a transfer to Denver.

I've been to 3 baseball games live. I think of it as an entertainment night out rather than sport. Broadly I think that's what a lot of attendees do. I've seen families leave after the 7th innings even though the game is close. Play offs aside the amount of games in basketball and baseball lend themselves to that

I have only been to a spring training game. Rangers v Yankees somewhere between St Pete and Naples in Florida. One day I would love to go to Wrigley, but the only time I have been to Chicago I never left O’Hare as I picked up a transfer to Denver.
Had the chance to watch two games in three days back in 2010. Tuesday night game at Brewers Miller stadium which was surreal. I can taste the Brat and beer even now. Thursday at 1pm in the afternoon and in front of 30000 (yes 30000 on a Thursday afternoon) got a bus to Chicago to see a Cubs game at Wriggley Fields that had a completely different atmosphere. Got told to sit down and shut up by Alcapone’s granny!!! Great week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back