• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumours they are going to cancel GW20, the games between Boxing Day and new year, because of Covid. If anyone can explain to me how that helps anyone then I’m all ears.

Rumours they are going to cancel GW20, the games between Boxing Day and new year, because of Covid. If anyone can explain to me how that helps anyone then I’m all ears.
Less interaction between people. The virus needs people to transport it. No travelling to games, no people in pubs before games, no mingling on concourses. A bit pointless if other measures aren't taken mind.

But none of that effects the football clubs? They aren’t bothered about the fans.

But none of that effects the football clubs? They aren’t bothered about the fans.
Of course it does. If Omicron becomes more widespread the chances of teams not having players available increases, and even if it doesn't affect clubs directly they can take a lead in reducing the spread - something our Government seem reluctant to do.

Last edited:
Of course it does. If Omicron becomes more widespread the chances of teams not having players available increases, and even if it doesn't affect clubs directly they can take a lead in reducing the spread - something our Government seem reluctant to do.
But they aren’t going to have players for Boxing Day and New Year’s Day? Removing that game does nothing for player availability. The players testing positive now are going to miss Boxing Day and maybe GW20. Any new cases in the next week are going to miss all 3.

So yeah, it isn’t going to improve player availability. You either plod along like we are doing now or cancel them all. I don’t think cancelling 3 GWs is an option so you’ve got to plod along.

But they aren’t going to have players for Boxing Day and New Year’s Day? Removing that game does nothing for player availability. The players testing positive now are going to miss Boxing Day and maybe GW20. Any new cases in the next week are going to miss all 3.

So yeah, it isn’t going to improve player availability. You either plod along like we are doing now or cancel them all. I don’t think cancelling 3 GWs is an option so you’ve got to plod along.
The argument, which doesn't affect Wolves as it's what we do anyway, is that it endangers player safety as you are working with a smaller squad so the chances of them getting injured playing 3 games in 6 days increases

The argument, which doesn't affect Wolves as it's what we do anyway, is that it endangers player safety as you are working with a smaller squad so the chances of them getting injured playing 3 games in 6 days increases
Well that at least makes sense. But the EFL have done that every year forever and no one gives a shit.

And they made wolves play with under 40 hours (or something outrageous) between KOs the other year, and didn’t give a shit then either.

I think they might struggle to run that one by Amazon if they really want to postpone those games. Typical it’s a game I’d be going to :D

Spurs Rennes deemed a forfeit and they are out. Given the shameful vaccination rates compared to other leagues that’s fair.

Dan Ashworth to Newcastle as DOF. Good move for them I think

What's the deal if a player tests positive the morning of the match? I wonder how they get home if they are part of the away team staying at a hotel?

Grealish and Foden in hot water with Pep

xto94ldq4s681.png

I feel like the last thing Foden needs is Grealish coming in and being a shitty influence on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back