• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my booster yesterday and, sore arm aside, I’ve been pretty ok. Interestingly (for me at least) my resting heart rate overnight was way higher than normal - up at 72, it’s usually high 30s.

Unless you have a condition or you're Miguel Indurain a resting heart rate in the high 30's would suggest your watch/ reader is broken.

It's Olympic athlete level reading and usually only drug induced.

Unless you have a condition or you're Miguel Indurain a resting heart rate in the high 30's would suggest your watch/ reader is broken.

Usually around 39/40. Its a problem and I have low blood pressure, Dr has looked into it - they think its a consequence of being a fat git for most of my life.

Usually around 39/40. Its a problem and I have low blood pressure, Dr has looked into it - they think its a consequence of being a fat git for most of my life.
That's severe Bradycardia. Your biggest muscle is your heart!

Good luck with that.

Shouldn't be too worried, it's better than tachycardia.

Just something to keep an eye on and try different types of exercise, mainly heavy weights. The heavy weights increase arterial flow and the intramuscular support for blood flow which reduces strain on your heart.

Indeed. In fact he visited Willenhall/New Invention around then.
St Johns Methodist church at the Fighting Cocks, Parkfield, was (probably still is) a hotbed of Wolves fanaticism. Without it I wouldn’t be around, let alone a Wolves fan, and I guess my kids are fourth generation St Johns / Wolves diaspora. This is all what John Wesley had in mind as an objective when he was out there on his horse I’m sure.

Shouldn't be too worried, it's better than tachycardia.

Just something to keep an eye on and try different types of exercise, mainly heavy weights. The heavy weights increase arterial flow and the intramuscular support for blood flow which reduces strain on your heart.
To be fair, looking at that trend it has gone up over the year - which probably reflects me doing more than just running, or my heart getting used to have less body mass.

To be fair, looking at that trend it has gone up over the year - which probably reflects me doing more than just running, or my heart getting used to have less body mass.
Putting that to one side - good news on lack of symptoms, hope that’s that for you 👍

I was knocked for 6 off my booster, was talking about it to a chap on teams who said that he was fine although he did feel it was a bit of a struggle to get out of bed for his 11 mile run the next couple of mornings.....

....I felt very old and fat all of a sudden.

Na, my RHR is regularly mid-high 30s, nothing to worry about (in general), particularly if you are fit and healthy.

Na, my RHR is regularly mid-high 30s, nothing to worry about (in general), particularly if you are fit and healthy.
I guess my education was all wasted. I'll let the lecturers, authors and health professionals know EP knows better. Mind you it was only an undergraduate degree, means fuck all when the internet is better.

Maybe Paul can link his FB University clip in here.

My RHR when I used to exercise loads was low to mid 40s.

I guess it's like most things, a single thing on its own isn't usually too bad. I guess if you're feeling tired, dizzy, or a bit woozy is when it's a problem.

That said, I'm not a doctor!

My RHR when I used to exercise loads was low to mid 40s.

I guess it's like most things, a single thing on its own isn't usually too bad. I guess if you're feeling tired, dizzy, or a bit woozy is when it's a problem.

That said, I'm not a doctor!
FFS.

I guess my education was all wasted. I'll let the lecturers, authors and health professionals know EP knows better. Mind you it was only an undergraduate degree, means fuck all when the internet is better.

Maybe Paul can link his FB University clip in here.
Your broad brush generalisation is what was wrong, there are thousands of people with low RHRs that are neither athletes nor have anything wrong with them, suggesting otherwise is dangerous.

If your education didn't teach you that, then yes, in that aspect it was wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back