• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to feel very old
Jo Lescott's son has signed professional terms with Salford. He's the spit of him

La Liga proper kicking off at the Mbappe deal.

Reporting PSG to UEFA and no doubt their Mum

I would not call any of the goals "high quality", but fuck it.

La liga, Real & Barca really are having trouble with the fact that they’re not having everything for themselves.
Reality is especially for Real is their recent transfer business of signing up coming players is actually working won la liga and in the CL final.
Seems like a case of how can a player we want we don’t get,
Another case of the big boys not like someone else joining the party.

As a generalisation fans around the world support PL clubs so as long as they remain successful then that support is retained, it's not reliant on individual players. The strength of La Liga around the world wasn't in the competition or the clubs it was in Ronaldo and Messi. They've now lost both and don't have anyone to take their place which massively damages their earning power Internationally. It's why they needed Mbappe

I would not call any of the goals "high quality", but fuck it.
Good stuff Alan!

I see what you meant about Fuchs in the other thread - well off the pace for that first goal wasn't he!

Good stuff Alan!

I see what you meant about Fuchs in the other thread - well off the pace for that first goal wasn't he!
It's a shame because he's been our Coady so far; the exact type of figure an expansion club needs on and off the pitch in terms of intangibles, a proper leader. Unfortunately, as an expansion side, we have some huge gaps in depth and as such have had to play Fuchs at CB, which he simply isn't; even in his prime you wouldn't put him there. And at his age, it's asking for calamity, I'm afraid.

Still, he's gone the extra mile to connect with the fans here and help establish the club as more than just a sideshow in the city, so he has a bit of a free pass for this season.

Mbappe signs his shiny new contract and immediately says he wouldn’t rule out Madrid in two years. Mercenary cunt.

Johnstone, Sawyers and Carroll to be released by the Shit.

Made me chuckle

283543163_10158567361716787_7613267095839640492_n.jpg

Sadly when the England Nations League squad is announced Coady will not be part of it. Think its time for Southgate to move on as Coady is only a glorified cheerleader in his eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back