• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

I expect to hear more about a Super League over the next few years then

With whom?

The original super league idea was supposed to replace champions league not domestic football.

Blackpool v FGR in the FA Cup postponed. This is because of an FA investigation involving FGR.

Presume they did something wrong in the 1st round that could possibly lead to them being kicked out of the competition

They're going back to non-league with a whimper.

Hope the Man Utd players are OK for tonight. Their flight to Newcastle cancelled so the are having to go by bus instead.

PXL-20231203-194313387.jpg

4/5 packages to Sky
The other to TNT (presumably more or less what it is now)
Bye bye Amazon (good, awful company)
No YouTube/Apple/DAZN/Disney (again, good)

More shit kick off times/days?
A lot of it is getting the Boxing Day games back, the 10 matches at the end of the season and the 2pm Sunday games. Using yesterday as an example that would have been 3 more televised games that were moved because of Europe

A lot of it is getting the Boxing Day games back, the 10 matches at the end of the season and the 2pm Sunday games. Using yesterday as an example that would have been 3 more televised games that were moved because of Europe
"More Friday and Monday night games" A bit shit for away fans, and travelling home fans.

Fully expect some weird kick off times and though we don't travel to games any more, I expect lots of fans will get shoved at later notice to Sunday, Friday kick offs.
Looks like I've been Ninja'd!

Last edited:
They can only move so many to Mondays because of Europe (plus it's been a thing in the PL now for over 30 years, it comes with the territory).

The times are set in stone, as part of the packages they bid for. They can't start putting games on at 10am or 8pm on a Sunday.

Wouldn't say I'm a fan of Friday night home games but again, we were having them in the Championship 20 years and more ago, it's not new.

Back