• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Seems they broke different rules. Barnsley played a guy in the replay who was on loan to York for the first game. FGR played someone on loan who had been there all season but didn't have official paperwork to give him permission to play in the Cup even though the parent club were fine with it, so more of a technicality. Still seems lucky to me though.

GAwM2fTXQAAQni_

That's an exciting opener to the FA Cup weekend isn't it...

If you are whacking a game on ITV4 then you are not expecting that many to watch so put on Shrewsbury v Wrexham on or give Maidstone a well earned TV pay day.
Surely 90% of neutrals would rather watch those fixtures too.

Hate it when they put all Prem games on TV in three early rounds of the cup. I get why they've gone with Arsenal/Liverpool, but I could do without it. The other 2 all Prem games are nonsense picks. The 3 EFL v Prem games are fine

Hate it when they put all Prem games on TV in three early rounds of the cup. I get why they've gone with Arsenal/Liverpool, but I could do without it. The other 2 all Prem games are nonsense picks. The 3 EFL v Prem games are fine
You won't even get their first teams so essentially you are choosing to screen PL reserve games

You won't even get their first teams so essentially you are choosing to screen PL reserve games
Might be different this year. Like we're 13th which ordinarily means you still have a fair bit of work to do to make sure you stay up, but as it is unless we lose all our remaining games in December, we don't, even crap form keeps us up easily. So no need for the cup to take a back seat.

Rarely did I have a go at Nuno but I was very unhappy with the team he sent out vs Southampton in 2021. Also a farce that Prickface Lage sent out what he did vs Norwich the year after.

Might be different this year. Like we're 13th which ordinarily means you still have a fair bit of work to do to make sure you stay up, but as it is unless we lose all our remaining games in December, we don't, even crap form keeps us up easily. So no need for the cup to take a back seat.

Rarely did I have a go at Nuno but I was very unhappy with the team he sent out vs Southampton in 2021. Also a farce that Prickface Lage sent out what he did vs Norwich the year after.
I think that might be the case for us v Brentford. Can't see Spurs, Burnley or Everton sending strong teams out though as they will still have bigger priorities

You'd think I'd have gotten bored of your Lage insults by now, given how frequent they are.

But no, I really haven't (y)

I do hate him, and I do mean hate. Nearly undid years of work all on his own through being a mix of incompetent and a wanker.

There are still people out there who stick up for him. Watching his football was an entirely joyless experience.

Joey Barton doubling down on “no female commentators in male football”
Very rich coming from someone who appeared on question time talking about current affairs.
It’s the same ex pro attitude of “you’ve never played the game” so the opinion is invalid.
The game can be understood by anybody if they pay enough attention to detail especially someone who’s played at a competitive level. Biggest difference between men and women’s football is power, strength and speed. Tactics, dynamics etc are pretty much the same.
When I’m listening to co-comms or punditry I want a well researched objective opinion regardless of background as opposed to some ex pros who’s opinions are tainted with bias and grudges.

Joey Barton doubling down on “no female commentators in male football”
Very rich coming from someone who appeared on question time talking about current affairs.
It’s the same ex pro attitude of “you’ve never played the game” so the opinion is invalid.
The game can be understood by anybody if they pay enough attention to detail especially someone who’s played at a competitive level. Biggest difference between men and women’s football is power, strength and speed. Tactics, dynamics etc are pretty much the same.
When I’m listening to co-comms or punditry I want a well researched objective opinion regardless of background as opposed to some ex pros who’s opinions are tainted with bias and grudges.
Showing your ignorance there. The differences between the games is athletic and tactical but not technical.

He's saying that women co-comms cannot compare their playing experience to men that have played at the top level and he's right.

Where he's wrong is that he thinks male ex-players have something interesting to say. In the main they don't, listening to Shearer last night talking about players gambling shows how much he doesn't know the detail behind the game he played and why he was such a bad coach/ manager.

Showing your ignorance there. The differences between the games is athletic and tactical but not technical.

He's saying that women co-comms cannot compare their playing experience to men that have played at the top level and he's right.

Where he's wrong is that he thinks male ex-players have something interesting to say. In the main they don't, listening to Shearer last night talking about players gambling shows how much he doesn't know the detail behind the game he played and why he was such a bad coach/ manager.

You know take that first sentence out which is clearly intended to rub me up the wrong way there’s some good points in that post.
I don’t think female ex pros genuinely compare their own experiences to the men’s game most often it’s a case of them giving their opinion on the incident they’ve seen.

Bloody loved that penalty - I remember watching that game.

'AVE IT!

Back