• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Forest lose Chris Wood for up to 7/8 weeks with a hamstring injury

Big miss for them, he has been playing really well since Nuno took over

Forest lose Chris Wood for up to 7/8 weeks with a hamstring injury

Big miss for them, he has been playing really well since Nuno took over
Awonyini is back so should still have a threat, if it wasn’t for the incoming points docking then I’d say they would be fine.

Points deduction probably incoming as well so really need to win those 2 games to avoid being out of touch when they are taken away

For all that the 3 promoted teams looked hopeless Luton are really showing some fight and desire now, perhaps what happened to Tom Lockyer rallied them, I'd really like them to escape the drop

I can remember a few lads having silly shin pads last few years I was playing, think one actually went out and bought some children's ones so they were small enough to keep him happy! Like you say, ankle protectors seemed to largely go by the wayside years ago, would be over a decade since I last had any like that and even then it would've just been a bit of foam padding. The ones with the sort of plastic discs either side of your ankle could be a nightmare for interfering with the comfort of your boots.

All a bit silly really, modern shin pads are way lighter and fit better than even what was around when I was a kid, no need for people to be going to these stupid lengths.
Fair enough. Can’t say I’ve bought shin pads In 15 years and when I last played 11 a side about 10 years ago I dug them out an wore them which I’d had in my teens. Shin pads with the foam strap over your ankle. Thought that was just standard tbf, certainly seemed to be when I was a kid. You then had your socks over the top of them, so not outwardly visible.

Now when you play 5 a side it’s not impact injuries I’m bothered about, it’s the joints!

For all that the 3 promoted teams looked hopeless Luton are really showing some fight and desire now, perhaps what happened to Tom Lockyer rallied them, I'd really like them to escape the drop

Luton are pretty decent, obviously have to run on full power literally all the time or they'll lose but they're not bad to watch and they always give it a good go.

Our point there with 10 men that we were all moaning about (we were absolute poison to watch that day tbf) looks alright now...

Luton are pretty decent, obviously have to run on full power literally all the time or they'll lose but they're not bad to watch and they always give it a good go.

Our point there with 10 men that we were all moaning about (we were absolute poison to watch that day tbf) looks alright now...
Yeah I enjoy watching them. The very opposite of Chelsea, a team rather than a set of individuals, Edwards has done really well to give them a fighting chance.

Yeah I enjoy watching them. The very opposite of Chelsea, a team rather than a set of individuals, Edwards has done really well to give them a fighting chance.

Sheff Utd gave up months ago

Burnley have stupid ideals, writing cheques they can't cash all the time

Luton are easily the best of the three, I'd argue better to watch than Everton or Palace too.

I stopped wearing that style of shinpad after a rather gruesome ankle ligament injury that required the paramedics to cut them off.

Didn't play much after that injury though

I stopped wearing that style of shinpad after a rather gruesome ankle ligament injury that required the paramedics to cut them off.

Didn't play much after that injury though

Football's loss really, blokes don't hoof the ball straight over a massive stand these days in general play. The woke bastards

I have those sort of pads too though we haven't had the numbers to play since October so feeling like my footie days are finally coming to an end

Football's loss really, blokes don't hoof the ball straight over a massive stand these days in general play. The woke bastards
Certainly wouldn't hoof a £35 football there were planning on giving to the MOTM in a charity game over the stands.

The replacement pint of shit beer wasn't quite the same for the winner of that award

Back