• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

View attachment 9556

I had a pair of these as a kid in the 80s, only retired them.a couple of years ago.
A real bugger trying to find a like for like replacement...
When I played 1970-80, the last few years I played in goal wearing Hockey pads. they went up almost to your knee, but crucially continued down over your ankle bone on the outside. Saved me lots of pain they did.

After suffering a broken leg I used to wear the pads with built in ankle protection and a standard pair of shin pads behind them. 17 weeks in plaster makes you a little more cautious.

The Ocampos incident from last night is absolutely vile. What the fuck even goes through someone's head to do that!

Given that a lot of players are cutting holes in the back of their socks nowadays (something to do with the size of their calves apparently) it can’t be beyond the realms of the kit manufacturers to start producing socks ready made for that sort of thing.

Not at professional level though, although may be trialed in the FA Cip

Can't see it as every team is owned by the state and they'd fail every financial metric going which will piss the European giants right off.

Ceferin is already on the verge of losing his seat.
Ceferin announces he won't be running for UEFA presidency in 2027.

We’d have been playing against 8 men quite a lot when Adama was going through his purple patch if these blue cards were a thing

We’d have been playing against 8 men quite a lot when Adama was going through his purple patch if these blue cards were a thing
True that.

Particularly that Spurs game at home in the rain. (I was sat in the Graham Hughes stand, so the rain was notable...)

Even if you don’t mind it as an idea, do you trust PGMOL to use it properly?
Sort of thing that would be used loads in the first 10 weeks of the season, then fade away like it doesn't exist.

Like the 6 second keeper law, or how strict they were on time wasting at the start of the season (despite for the first time being much better at adding that lost time on)

Reactions: b3h
It'd probably be used to help the bigger clubs win more by giving out harsh sin bins against the lower clubs.

Back