• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Has anyone bought one yet? Sort of need a buyer to crystallise that value. I could post a pic of my guitar on eBay with a £50k value but nobody is going to buy it

Robbie Williams to try and buy Port Vale. Now he could have done that on numerous occasions before including when they really needed him and actually begged him to invest. This time though he has a consortium based on a TV documentary. Blues have tried it and now him, it won't work as a) Ryan Reynolds is a Hollywood A Lister which Williams isn't and b) he's properly invested which Tom Brady isn't. There's elements of the Wrexham story I'm uncomfortable about, the authenticity isn't one of them. You can't just try and repeat it

Last edited:
Robbie Williams to try and buy Port Vale. Now he could have done that on numerous occasions before including when they really needed him and actually begged him to invest. This time though he has a consortium based on a TV documentary. Blues have tried it and now him, it won't work as a) Ryan Reynolds is a Hollywood A Lister which Williams isn't and b) he's properly invested which Tom Brady isn't. There's elements of the Wrexham story I'm uncomfortable about, the authenticity isn't one of them. You can't just try and repeat it
I don't think you can doubt his authenticity. He is a Vale fan. He did invest previously under the former (alleged) crook of an owner.

That didn't go so well for him and Carole Shanahan bought the club on the proviso it was run for the community and as a football club as a whole, not 3 separate businesses (as was the case under the previous owner). AFAIK the council still have a lien on the ground and land to this effect.

I'm not sure on the TV deal but I would think it will be similar to Sunderland till I die rather than the Wrexham version.

With the way their fans behave the DVD of the programme should be found on the shelf next to the Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Collins gets a slight tap from Richarlison and goes down like he’s taken a prime Tyson body shot. Embarrassing. Brentford really do bring out the worst in players.

Collins gets a slight tap from Richarlison and goes down like he’s taken a prime Tyson body shot. Embarrassing. Brentford really do bring out the worst in players.

Two in two minutes. He's awful, such a liability

2026 World Cup Final to be played at MetLife in New Jersey. Better options they could have chosen, but with 48 games it'll be drawn out bollocks any way

Ridiculous to be having it like this in the first place. The US was already too big before even thinking about adding Canada and Mexico.

Ridiculous to be having it like this in the first place. The US was already too big before even thinking about adding Canada and Mexico.
Was going to say the US more than capable of hosting the whole thing alone.
The flight from New York to LA is longer than the flight from London to Moscow

Back