• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2023/24

Can't say I've ever heard a good thing said about St. Andrews.

It's walkable from town which is a benefit if you are home fan, the wild west if not.

Pitch is frequently dire, like corrugated iron
Shit floodlights don't work properly
Terrible away end
Twice we've played them and the wind has blown bits off the stadium

I never want to go there again.

St Andrews has been a total shitehole, since i was 14, when noah was a lad.

A lot of the Blues fans I played football with, seemed to revel in the fact they are rubbish and the ground is a shithole. 🤣
I still see some of them as we have a get together one day a year at the test match.
Good lads, they don't change 🙂

Talk of a 10 month ban for Tonali

Tonali now charged by the FA with 50 offences of placing bets earlier this season between August 12th 2023 and October 12th 2023

In 1966/67, the competition switched to a one-off decider at Wembley Stadium - and the first final there did not disappoint. Queens Park Rangers became the first club from the third tier to win the trophy, recovering from 2-0 down to defeat holders West Bromwich 3-2.

FB_IMG_1711639258854.jpg

Tonali now charged by the FA with 50 offences of placing bets earlier this season between August 12th 2023 and October 12th 2023
Trying to figure out the timeline: was that before his current ban, or does it include time when he was already serving a ban?

Trying to figure out the timeline: was that before his current ban, or does it include time when he was already serving a ban?
It's box ticking really. Stuff he was already questioned for and admitted, just we never charged him before (it was the Italian authorities who banned him and FIFA made it worldwide). Nothing will happen.

It's box ticking really. Stuff he was already questioned for and admitted, just we never charged him before (it was the Italian authorities who banned him and FIFA made it worldwide). Nothing will happen.
All made when he had arrived in England and already under his investigation that got him the ban.

Should be another ban incoming.

If he's carried on gambling while he's already investigation, that's not a great look. Of course, addiction makes it not as simple as just keeping your hands in your pockets, but still if they're going hard on gambling*, then it's a new case.

*Apart from, of course, taking shit loads of money on encouraging it

So his existing ban is for offences committed whilst in Italy, and these charges relate to betting in the UK. This is surely likely to add time on to his ban?

In 1966/67, the competition switched to a one-off decider at Wembley Stadium - and the first final there did not disappoint. Queens Park Rangers became the first club from the third tier to win the trophy, recovering from 2-0 down to defeat holders West Bromwich 3-2.

View attachment 10037
What the fucks the black and white minstrel doing.

Back