• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Curry!

Alrighty then!

Went to the shop, got everything I need after looking at a recipe. I'd say 10% chance it'll be edible and maybe, just maybe 1% chance it will taste good. Good enough for me for a first try.

:stirthepot:

Alrighty then!

Went to the shop, got everything I need after looking at a recipe. I'd say 10% chance it'll be edible and maybe, just maybe 1% chance it will taste good. Good enough for me for a first try

:stirthepot:

Yayyyyyyyyyy :) :) :)

Let us know how it goes, and what kind of curry it is.

Yayyyyyyyyyy :) :) :)

Let us know how it goes, and what kind of curry it is.
The recipe said it's Indian chicken curry, was the first one I found and like all men I looked no further. :)

I'll let you know how it goes.

The recipe said it's Indian chicken curry, was the first one I found and like all men I looked no further. :)

Just follow the recipe. you can't go wrong. You doing it with plain rice?

You have much to learn about my cooking.

Yes, recipe said 'basmati' but I don't know what that is and I couldn't find it so normal rice it is.

:icon_lol: I have faith in you!

Just don't over do the rice as it might go a bit ' puddiny '

Good luck, and let us know. You will be marked for taste, presentation, and if you haven't burnt the kitchen down by the end :)

My dad did that with baked Alaska once, turned out there was a typo so he only used about 10% of the sugar you'd usually expect and the whole thing just ended up tasting of egg.

My dad did that with baked Alaska once, turned out there was a typo so he only used about 10% of the sugar you'd usually expect and the whole thing just ended up tasting of egg.
No clue what baked Alaska is, but I like the taste of eggs.

I've always struggled to grow basil. No idea why.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
People tell me it is difficult. I know no magic. Perhaps I just got lucky. My thyme plants this year have gone bonkers mad too - bunches of those drying aplenty.

Having a good year with the tomatoes but as you say will not turn !
Allow father time to do the work! Don't rush them. That's how the force grown tasteless shop bought rubbish is produced!

Picked up a basil plant a few weeks ago from Morrisons. Thought it would do for a few dishes, it's now a basil bush! Struggling to know what to do with so much basil now.
Clip the leaves. Microwave for 30 seconds, then into a jar to stop them going mouldy.
Then add to various dishes!

C'mon Norway before I start thinking you've sliced ya fingers off, given yaself food poisoning or the rice turned to mush.

How was it ?????

1. I'm still alive.
2. I should have scaled down the recipe.
3. I have dinner for (probably) 5 days.

The scores are in: 8,2 - 7,9 - 3,7 - 5,6

1. I'm still alive.
2. I should have scaled down the recipe.
3. I have dinner for (probably) 5 days.

The scores are in: 8,2 - 7,9 - 3,7 - 5,6

Freeze it for future meals.

So was it tasty, spicy, bland, too hot, not hot enuff, chicken tough, chicken tender, rice fluffy, rice mushy, I need details!

baking-disaster-fails-.jpg

Freeze it for future meals.
Gee I never thought of that. :)

So was it tasty, spicy, bland, too hot, not hot enuff, chicken tough, chicken tender, rice fluffy, rice mushy, I need details!
Let me put it this way (since I'm no culinary expert), probably not restaurant quality! ;) I got the chicken right I think, the rice was a bit 'dense' or sticky, it was a little spicy for my delicate taste buds but down the hatch it went!

See, proud on ya young mon :)
Thank you. On Sunday I will have toasted soldiers for breakfast. :)

Sticky rice - Make sure you don't overcook it, and rinse it in cold water when it's cooked to wash off the starch, which also makes it stick.

Back