• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Sticky rice - Make sure you don't overcook it, and rinse it in cold water when it's cooked to wash off the starch, which also makes it stick.

Yeah I probably overcooked it and I definitely didn't rinse in cold water, room to grow there. :)

Sticky rice - Make sure you don't overcook it, and rinse it in cold water when it's cooked to wash off the starch, which also makes it stick.

I always rinse loads of times in cold water before cooking, rinse until water becomes clear. Makes for fluffy, non sticky, no dense, no stodgy rice.

Thank you. On Sunday I will have toasted soldiers for breakfast. :)

Maybe the Sunday after you could have poached eggs with your toasted soldiers and you can give me a tip on cooking the perfect poached egg as I have never been able to cook a decent one in me life.

Maybe the Sunday after you could have poached eggs with your toasted soldiers and you can give me a tip on cooking the perfect poached egg as I have never been able to cook a decent one in me life.
Shouldn't be a problem, I've watched Masterchef AND Hells Kitchen on and off.

I only have to figure out how they get the egg out of the shell, they never show that.

Ordered my freebie in Lamplighter. Pan roasted cod in Parma ham with roasted Mediterranean veg and Lyonaisse spuds.

Ordered my freebie in Lamplighter. Pan roasted cod in Parma ham with roasted Mediterranean veg and Lyonaisse spuds.

A free meal, I should think you deserve shares in the place and a free pint waiting at the bar for you every visit tbh! Sounds nice, whats the Mediterranean veg consist of? You still there on Friday? If so can you post a nice pub meal pic to perk me up as I'll be at hospital supping on insipid Liptons tea and nought else! :)

I finally remembered to buy bananas today so it's banana sandwiches for supper, yummy.

It's still hovering around 39c every day here and after work and cooking for the new dogs, i am too fucked to cook for myself so it's a sandwich month.

I got some calves liver today from my pal at the butchers, so tomorrow is liver , onion and gravy sandwiches, with a small dash of soy and teryaki sauce, ha ha can't wait

Pav, any chance of a photo of the dogs cooked dinner?

Spudley Street jacket potato with chilli. Ace jacket potatoes from there.

Tough one that. He's are my faves. I couldn't pick out a No.1.

Tuna mayo
Cheese + coleslaw
Minced beef
Cheese + beans
Chilli
Cheese + pickle

Tuna mayo
Cheese + coleslaw
Minced beef
Cheese + beans
Chilli
Cheese + pickle

Minced beef??? Sounds cak. What, on its own?

Tuna mayo
Cheese + coleslaw
Minced beef
Cheese + beans
Chilli
Cheese + pickle

It is a toughie.I'd have to say tuna, sweetcorn and mayo is first but also love

Cheese n beans
Chicken curry
Cheese & branston pickle
Marmite.

Scoop out all the potato first, mash it really well with butter, then place back in jacket, add toppings.

Chili con carne
Cheese, ham and mushroom
Plain old butter and black pepper
Leftover takeaway curry (hangover fodder)

Marmite?!! Get ta feck!!

Minced beef is just a small tin of the stuff from the supermarket. Goes nice and runny once you microwave it. Lovely on a jacket with a bit of Worcester sauce mixed in with it.

I've decided jacket spud is my dinner today now!

Marmite?!! Get ta feck!!

Minced beef is just a small tin of the stuff from the supermarket. Goes nice and runny once you microwave it. Lovely on a jacket with a bit of Worcester sauce mixed in with it.

Yeah Marmite. When I scoop out the tata to mash it, I drizzle marmite in, mix well, sometimes will grate some cheese ontop. Its lovely.

Nah, minced beef ay doing much for me.

Back