• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Just had the tastiest Indian in ages. Bloody lovely. And the lovely chap on the phone said ' It comes to £29.10 ' when the delivery man dropped it off he said ' Being as it's you he's only charging you £25 '

Gave the fella a nice tip and a phone call to Indian to say many thanks and to say how much we enjoyed the meal and he has our continued custom and support throughout these times.

Fantastic food, great chefs.

What the shit, man?
Shhhh he's an admin (I think that means secretary ?) but never the less it could be my route to power and wealth on the forum, once I am entrenched in the position you will soon find out who my real friends are !

Since I've been retired (2 weeks) I've been in charge of the evening meal, now I'm not much of a cook, I can do it ok but find it a bit of a faff. Sorted that though, found its not so boring if you play classic rock turned up to 11.
Anyway, tonight did Tomato and Ricotta Fritatta with spinach leaves. Served it with roasted carrots and parsnips (also 2 rashers of bacon on mine). It actually came out rather well, in fact missus declared 'really nice' which is the first complement so far.......must have got the seasoning right

Since I've been retired (2 weeks) I've been in charge of the evening meal, now I'm not much of a cook, I can do it ok but find it a bit of a faff. Sorted that though, found its not so boring if you play classic rock turned up to 11.
Anyway, tonight did Tomato and Ricotta Fritatta with spinach leaves. Served it with roasted carrots and parsnips (also 2 rashers of bacon on mine). It actually came out rather well, in fact missus declared 'really nice' which is the first complement so far.......must have got the seasoning right
You got a compliment from a wife ??? You have now been elevated up to hero status, still on that elusive search for the man who's wife admitted she was wrong and apologised, 54 years later still no luck :)

You got a compliment from a wife ??? You have now been elevated up to hero status, still on that elusive search for the man who's wife admitted she was wrong and apologised, 54 years later still no luck :)
Nah that never happens, mine bursts into tears before she gets to the stage of admitting she's wrong....tbf when I'm nearly at the stage of having to admit wrongness I get really angry and try and blame someone/something completely innocent

Feeling Festive today, wrapping gifts, writing cards, with a Christmas film on so tonight it's a Cheese Board. Just because I really fancy it. With some grapes, sliced apple and pears, some Crackers out the hamper, Chilli Jam, Chutney, Fig jam....and maybe a tipple of Port😃

Feeling Festive today, wrapping gifts, writing cards, with a Christmas film on so tonight it's a Cheese Board. Just because I really fancy it. With some grapes, sliced apple and pears, some Crackers out the hamper, Chilli Jam, Chutney, Fig jam....and maybe a tipple of Port😃
That all sounds rather good.....(goes off to see if there's any port left and check on the cheese situation)

Chicken Pho.

Was dubious about making this but it was smack on {smug chef look}

Soup and a cheese cob.

Work fed me today so just a small dinner.

That all sounds rather good.....(goes off to see if there's any port left and check on the cheese situation)
Really enjoyed it, made a nice change 👍

I have cheese if you want it, but unfortunately no port 😂

Had an Indian from a different takeaway (viceroy at Cannock chase for south staffs people). Was fantastic, but the chicken tikka madras has blown my head off.

Had an Indian from a different takeaway (viceroy at Cannock chase for south staffs people). Was fantastic, but the chicken tikka madras has blown my head off.
Where's that then ?

Where's that then ?
On Milford Common - opposite the Wimpy. It’s usually a good, fairly fine-dining’ish restaurant but doing very good delivery now. Good value too.

Excellent, always on the lookout for new places (y)

Back