• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Wish I could post on here again but after having Covid ( tested negative now) I cant taste or smell a bloody thing. I can't even distinguish if food is sweet, bitter, salty, spicy. It's just gone completely. I look at the food in front of me and have to imagine what it tastes like. It's made meal times a bit of a chore instead of something enjoyable.
I sympathize with anyone else who is experiencing this. I hope in time the senses will return.

Wish I could post on here again but after having Covid ( tested negative now) I cant taste or smell a bloody thing. I can't even distinguish if food is sweet, bitter, salty, spicy. It's just gone completely. I look at the food in front of me and have to imagine what it tastes like. It's made meal times a bit of a chore instead of something enjoyable.
I sympathize with anyone else who is experiencing this. I hope in time the senses will return.
Mate of mine had that, took a few weeks to come back properly, hopefully the same for you.

Reactions: PPB
I had the same, came back within a few weeks. Worst for me was I found I hated the taste of brown sauce - and I LOVE brown sauce. Have it almost every day. Took about 3 months to get over that.

Took one of my stepdaughters about 8 weeks to get taste/smell back ppb. It'll come!

Reactions: PPB
I had the same, came back within a few weeks. Worst for me was I found I hated the taste of brown sauce - and I LOVE brown sauce. Have it almost every day. Took about 3 months to get over that.
Hope that doesn't happen to me with ketchup, what on earth would I put on me chips! Did you lose your smell aswell?

Peri peri chicken thighs, Chipotle rice with black beans and roasted Mediterranean vegetables.

Last night was milk poached chicken breast with chestnut mushrooms and tagliatelle. First time trying it, but went pleasantly well.
Depending on how late I'm out tonight might try something like Leeds...

Gatwick ‘spoons, all day brunch and a Punk IPA.

19 quid and rough as a badgers arse. Has to be done apparently 🤷‍♂️

No lamb mince af Sainsbury 😠 so plan b, chicken, rice and beans....

Seafood Saint Jaques with a parmesan crunch, followed by;

Smoked haddock with Colcannon potatoes, spinach, poached egg and grain mustard sauce.

Washed down with a local IPA (or two, or three, or four...)

Just needs a splodge of mayo, then it's all good.

Just needs a splodge of mayo, then it's all good.
Nah - just add salt.
They look identical to the cobs my mum used to make when my parents ran a pub. Always sold out but apart from the standard bar snacks there was nothing else for customers to eat.

Back