• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, forgot about Rice. Thought he might have higher aspirations though. After Mount too I think bizarrely

A really great winger is rare - Giggs was one of the best in recent years, there will be a few other examples, but there aren't many. Giggs could do it whoever he played with.

A average winger is going to need help to make the best of their ability - for Adama, Raul and Jota made him a good winger because they made use of what he gave them. Adama hasn't been as effective since we lost those two (and to a lesser extent Doherty who I think was a decent foil for Adama down the right).

Adama is average but with rare abilities. They are the sort of ability that every coach would want available to them in an ideal world so when Lop says he would like him to stay it doesn't surprise me...but it's also clear that Adama wouldn't be a regular starter. He's a meh player with occasional wow factor.

I do wonder if Sasa might have enabled us to get the most out of Adama.

If Pulisic hadn't been made of biscuits I'd say we should rescue him from Chelsea. I guess he's probably on a stupidly inflated wage there, too. Can see him ending up at some "top end" Italian club.

Palmer is a good shout but I have a hunch he'll be getting a fair amount of first team action at City next season; Pep really seems to rate him.

After yesterday I’d be having a word with Pep to see if we can steal Palmer for a season

What's the incentive for us to take him on? I could understand if we were expecting to battle relegation again or make a charge on Europe and he'd be the piece that could help us over the line but as a midtable side, developing players we have no chance of keeping doesn't seem like a good strategy.

Not that I wouldn't like to see him, he's quality.

Pulisic is just like Adama IMO.

I like Palmer but he’s played very little senior football. We’d just be developing him for someone else without getting the consistency we’d want.

Pulisic is dogshit. Heart of a pea and done absolutely nothing for years.
I've seen him fight through CONCACAF qualification so "heart of a pea" ain't quite meshing.

Can't argue against having done nothing for years; never understood why he thought the Chelsea move was the right one, tbh.

What's the incentive for us to take him on? I could understand if we were expecting to battle relegation again or make a charge on Europe and he'd be the piece that could help us over the line but as a midtable side, developing players we have no chance of keeping doesn't seem like a good strategy.

Not that I wouldn't like to see him, he's quality.
If it gets us into Europe we have a better chance of attracting better players.

If Utd wanted to loan out Elanga I'd be up for the same too.

If it gets us into Europe we have a better chance of attracting better players.

If Utd wanted to loan out Elanga I'd be up for the same too.

I get that angle, as I said I can understand if it's to push us into Europe. Unfortunately I don't see us challenging the top 8 next year, top 10 at a push. Based on my early assumption that we won't be making the 4/5 quality signings we need to make it possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back