• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked in Saudi, but stayed in Bahrain 😉
Speaking generally, do you think the average Saudi cares about soccer?

Probably a false dichotomy but it would be a shame if Ruben ended up playing in front of folks who care as little as the Qataris seemed to over the winter.

Probably a false dichotomy but it would be a shame if Ruben ended up playing in front of folks who care as little as the Qataris seemed to over the winter.
I watched a few minutes of Nuno’s team playing and yes they do seem to care.

He’s very much going to the Man Utd of Saudi, average crowds in the Saudi league are about 7-8k however it seems the smaller provisional clubs have much lower attendances.
Look it’s something different I think in Europe we think it’s the be all and end all of club football really don’t mind someone thinking differently obviously the bucks help.

I watched a few minutes of Nuno’s team playing and yes they do seem to care.
Have done as well, but we get good attendance and whatnot here in MLS, and I’d still say your average American would rather see the dentist than catch a match on TV.

Appreciate that it’s a bit “every Saudi knows every other Saudi”.

They had a public holiday when they won a game in the last world cup, they have a real big football following in the population.
Fucks sake you should be the last fucker on here (no offence meant) playing that card.

It’s obscene but who would turn that down?
Earns over £100m if stays there 3 years

I think ruben will stay for two years and bank the cash. Hes a family man not an over extravagant grealish, so what he will earn in two years will set him up for life.
On the bright side his fee sets us up for scott and half of gyokores.

Moutinho and Neves, possibly Adama as well all ending up in Saudi. Nuno already there. Mental

They had a public holiday when they won a game in the last world cup, they have a real big football following in the population.
Fucks sake you should be the last fucker on here (no offence meant) playing that card.
More out of genuine ignorance than anything. The Qatar World Cup was the first time I'd watched football being put on in the Middle-East. Bad first impression, perhaps.

And to say I know nothing about the actual cultural differences between (and indeed, within) the Arab countries would still be overselling myself.

It's a pretty big blindspot for me; curiosity is/was genuine but appreciate I may have asked it abrasively.

If I'm not mistaken you don't need to pay personal tax in Saudi either, so you actually have in the bank something like 20 times more, not 10.

Ruben will be a star over there from day one, make no mistake. I can see him being made the captain from day one also.

I admit I don't know a ton about the Scott kid. Is he really worth the price being mooted for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back