• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
More often than not he had to play second fiddle to Vardy and was pushed out wide if played at the same time. His stats are still very good compared to other strikers for the last year.

He'd be a decent option for either role up front, and an upgrade on a similar player like Hwang.

View attachment 8004
Having seen him play I'd dispute that.

But y'know stats...

Having seen him play I'd dispute that.

But y'know stats...
The Leicester fans I know don't want him sold as they consider him their best striker with Vardy getting too old now, and still PL level.

You won't see this in the accounts until as late as March 2025. Transactions this summer will feature in the May 2024 accounts that get filed on or before March the following year.
It’s more last year’s accounts and whether the loss is between £60-£80 million hence why we need to make a profit this summer because we’re over the £105 million loss allowed by ffp without this this years transfers.

The Leicester fans I know don't want him sold as he's they consider him their best striker with Vardy getting too old now, and still PL level.
Good for them, they'll need him in the Championship. I think he's a pretty poor PL player and not as good as Silva, who himself isn't great.

The Leicester fans I know don't want him sold as he's they consider him their best striker with Vardy getting too old now, and still PL level.
Daka is miles better than Iheanacho.

Iheanacho probably will score goals in the Championship but I'm not sure what use that is to us. He doesn't score very often in the Premier League as has been proven for years and years.

It’s more last year’s accounts and whether the loss is between £60-£80 million hence why we need to make a profit this summer because we’re over the £105 million loss allowed by ffp without this this years transfers.
People (not you particularly) and the club keep selling this line and it's rubbish.

FFP was dismissed as nonsense when Neves was sold. Anybody with half a brain could see that.

Daka is miles better than Iheanacho.

Iheanacho probably will score goals in the Championship but I'm not sure what use that is to us. He doesn't score very often in the Premier League as has been proven for years and years.
Daka has never really shown anything in the Prem. I'm not sure he's ultimately suited to the league. Their fans are generally split over keeping him and thinking he can still come good or getting rid.

Iheanacho would score goals in the Prem. His record for that league is 9 in 25(9) apps. He'd a good cheap option if that's what the club want, to supplement the current strikers.

So what are the terms of the Guedes loan (“prêt”) likely to be then?

Iheanacho would score goals in the Prem. His record for that league is 9 in 25(9) apps.
Where are you getting that from?

For Leicester:

2017/18: 7 (14) apps, 3 goals
2018/19: 9 (21) apps, 1 goal
2019/20: 12 (8) apps, 5 goals
2020/21: 16 (9) apps, 12 goals
2021/22: 13 (13) apps, 4 goals
2022/23: 11 (17) apps, 5 goals

One good season which was the weird Covid season where weird things happened everywhere. Otherwise, shite. 30 goals in 68 (82) appearances which indicates a player who doesn't score many and isn't good enough to get in the team.

Obviously it was just the last two seasons which was quoted.

He didn't play up front much because of Vardy. Doesn't mean he's not good enough. His stats over the last few seasons say he is still decent.

People (not you particularly) and the club keep selling this line and it's rubbish.

FFP was dismissed as nonsense when Neves was sold. Anybody with half a brain could see that.
Well i would have thought the same but if the accounts say the loss is £60-£80 million which again is speculation but what is being reported then ffp is an issue because we’re over the £105 allowed and Fosun don’t want to break it.

We can sit here and say it’s nonsense but without the figures we don’t actually know. As i said earlier if that is the loss then the mismanagement is off the scale.

Goals and assists per minute argunents are just flawed in general as its only used for players that either don't start that often or are in and out and there are reasons for that. Clubs aren't going to bench players that are constant threats. Whether the reasons are injury related, inconsistent form or they're just not very good.

Goals and assists per minute argunents are just flawed in general as its only used for players that either don't start that often or are in and out and there are reasons for that. Clubs aren't going to bench players that are constant threats. Whether the reasons are injury related, inconsistent form or they're just not very good.
Should have got Oskar Buur back instead of Doc. A goal every 42 minutes!

Otherwise, shite. 30 goals in 68 (82) appearances which indicates a player who doesn't score many.
I'm not sure how 1 every 2-3 games is a shite PL record. It's a miles better return than we've ever had from any player since Jimenez got injured.

I'm not sure how 1 every 2-3 games is a shite PL record. It's a miles better return than we've ever had from any player since Jimenez got injured.
It doesn't work like that though.

You think if he started every game for us next season he'd get somewhere between 13 and 19 goals? I do not, that's absurd.

His record is 1 in 5, massively skewed by one season.

If you want to play one up front and have Vardy as your main striker, any other player isn't going to play as much. Rodgers clung to Vardy's reputation even though he's obviously past it. He scored 3 goals last season and Leicester fans were crying out for Iheanacho or Daka to play up front more. It's one of the reasons they went down.

It doesn't work like that though.

You think if he started every game for us next season he'd get somewhere between 13 and 19 goals? I do not, that's absurd.

His record is 1 in 5, massively skewed by one season.
No, I'd say 1 in 3. I think he'd get 10 goals as a main striker Maybe a couple more.

Unless you count Hwang as a striker, all our main strikers got a combined 1 goal last season! At this point I'd take a 10 goal main striker, especially for £10-15m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back