• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could believe he wasn't allowed to sign free agents that were his targets.

One of the things I found interested in the Athletic article today is it seems Lopetegui insisted Shi inform the fans about the inability to spend and the changed stance, and that seems to have upset the club.

So it appears that having had the statement from Hobbs about smaller/smarter transfers, thats then been walked back and there has been a disagreement about the strength of the squad. I get some of the club thinking we should be okay, at least to some degree, but I don't understand bringing in a manager motivated to challenge for Europa places and then be annoyed when he won't settle for "just finish 15th please this year."

Spanish journalist Guillem Balague said Lopetegui was not allowed to sign any players this summer, after believing the squad would be strengthened.

That's what GB said, and during Lop's summer tenure we signed Doherty and Tom King.

I've got no loyalty to GB in the slightest, but you dismissing EVERYTHING he says as untrue is weird.

Lop has left, there were clearly things Fosun did that lead to that?

I'm of the opinion that if someone lies regularly their word is untrustworthy. You are welcome to believe him, I don't believe anything he says because he's a proven liar.

I'm of the opinion that if someone lies regularly their word is untrustworthy. You are welcome to believe him, I don't believe anything he says because he's a proven liar.
Well he is the conduit to Lop, if you don't believe a word GB says then you think Lop left for no reason.

Can you explain what you mean by 'stuff they don't know anything about'?

Are you saying people on this forum can't recognise or assess manager and player quality based on all the information available to us, with their records, with our eyes and ears and decades (some of us) of following the game?

When are we allowed to have a strong opinion on a player or manager coming into the club? How can we fulfil your criteria?

Yes I am saying that, when the sample size is severely limited to 8 months with one particular set of players. Unless we have multiple members of the Bournemouth backroom team here I'd say people are completely guessing.

I'd also laugh at someone claiming a player is good/shit if they had never watched him play. By the sound of things, I'd assume that's something you do quite often.

Yes I am saying that, when the sample size is severely limited to 8 months with one particular set of players. Unless we have multiple members of the Bournemouth backroom team here I'd say people are completely guessing.

I'd also laugh at someone claiming a player is good/shit if they had never watched him play. By the sound of things, I'd assume that's something you do quite often.

Bournemouth evaluated him though themselves, they have made several good/promising signings that are players you'd expect to improve them and they didn't want them working with this particular manager.

Bournemouth evaluated him though themselves, they have made several good/promising signings that are players you'd expect to improve them and they didn't want them working with this particular manager.

Bournemouth also bought Jordan Ibe for 15m.

Hilarious post with one paragraph where you criticise guesswork and assumption, then follow it with a paragraph where you engage in guesswork and assumption.

So unless a manager or player has had a long career and I've been present as an employee of the club/s they've worked at, my opinion on them has no worth. Got ya.

Not sure it'll catch on on TWF, mind.

I presume you've enjoyed a long working relationship with Ballague, then?

Hilarious post with one paragraph where you criticise guesswork and assumption, then follow it with a paragraph where you engage in guesswork and assumption.

So unless a manager or player has had a long career and I've been present as an employee of the club/s they've worked at, my opinion on them has no worth. Got ya.

Not sure it'll catch on on TWF, mind.

I presume you've enjoyed a long working relationship with Ballague, then?

Players are evaluated differently to managers, I'd have thought that was obvious.

Can you share how many full 90 minute Bournemouth games you have watched to form your opinion?

Joseph Aidoo, apparently O'Neil has asked about him, no idea how good the source is (probably bollocks) or what hes like.
Tbh I'm just at the clutching at straws for summat positive stage atm.

West Ham STH says we're offering more money and a longer contract. Big buds with Dawson too. Creswell can 'do a job but past his best' and can only play CB in a 3. Great.

Joseph Aidoo, apparently O'Neil has asked about him, no idea how good the source is (probably bollocks) or what hes like.
Tbh I'm just at the clutching at straws for summat positive stage atm.

Someone pissing about on twitter that's been picked up.

Players are evaluated differently to managers, I'd have thought that was obvious.

Can you share how many full 90 minute Bournemouth games you have watched to form your opinion?

Players and managers both have performance records and reputations, but If you want to drill down then fine, strip the word player out of my question and answer it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back