• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's generally known as Eliteserien nowadays.
Oh shit (fy fæn, even), you’re right.

I’m stuck in the past in more ways than one, it seems.

Actually having just looked up the league rankings they are equivalent to the Norwegian top flight. And just above League One.
Perfect. I did say we'd be better off with a young player topping the League One scoring charts over Costa. (Not quite at that price though...)

I see Everton are not going to Sign Connor Cody. Does that mean he comes back to us?

Under contract so unless we sell before pre-season starts, yes he comes back to us

So the big question is - do we use him? There's been times this year i wish he'd been around to give some people a rocket
But Dyche obviously doesn't like him much

So the big question is - do we use him? There's been times this year i wish he'd been around to give some people a rocket
But Dyche obviously doesn't like him much
Coad's has got that going for him at least.

He isn't really suited to a back four that well. But then we arguably only have one good centre half as it stands, starting from a blank slate he wouldn't have to be that special to get in. I don't want us moving back to three centre halves, we become incredibly stodgy when we do that and have done for years now.

I don't expect him to be here in September though, I just think he's part of an era that the club want to draw a definitive line under now.

Sheffield Utd would be great for all, he'd be very well suited to them. Only slight downside is that we would be strengthening a relegation rival.

I don't expect him to be here in September though, I just think he's part of an era that the club want to draw a definitive line under now.
You surprise me Dan!
Do you honestly think that if 'The Club' do actually have any sort of plan going forward, (Errr, where did we put it...?) that it would be that refined?

Yeah, they're not quite the clown car that they're portrayed as when discussions veer towards the extreme on here and people get angry about stuff that hasn't happened.

Ideally you wouldn't lose Neves but it seems fairly likely that it will happen. Once that happens then I suspect they'd welcome any opportunity to totally clear out the class of 2017-2020, we actually do need to move on. Great days but in the past now.

Not saying it's the same quality wise, but if we lost Neves and Moutiniho this time last year we would have been screwed. If both leave now we have Lemina, Gomes, Nunes, B Traore and then Cundle and Hodge who have at least seen time, all ready in place at least.

That at least feels sort of sensible.

Yeah, they're not quite the clown car that they're portrayed as when discussions veer towards the extreme on here and people get angry about stuff that hasn't happened.

Ideally you wouldn't lose Neves but it seems fairly likely that it will happen. Once that happens then I suspect they'd welcome any opportunity to totally clear out the class of 2017-2020, we actually do need to move on. Great days but in the past now.

We'd have moved Neves last year if we could, as it was no one felt he was worth paying decent money for. There's only real interest now from Barca because Mendes will find a way for them to get him without shelling out.

Last edited:
Joe Hodge playing Premier League football is not remotely sensible, but it won't matter as I doubt he ever will again.

That wasn't really my point, but he is only 20, would surely be next on the two years of loan plans for him, rather than as a candidate.

That wasn't really my point, but he is only 20, would surely be next on the two years of loan plans for him, rather than as a candidate.

He's on the EEL level of quite obviously nowhere near good enough.

EEL just got relegated from League Two with Rochdale.

Xavi obviously not a fan of the “I don’t talk about other teams players” mantra from what I’ve seen of Fabrizio’s feed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back