• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nuno made some very average footballers look much better than their ability - he really was the sum of the parts type manager. I don't think anyone who has left has gone on to excel elsewhere, most went back to their level.

I think Doc returning is a mistake and he will be off on loan in January and will spend the remainder of his career a Wolves player elsewhere. Just another wage...

The cynic in me thinks that the Doc deal was all but done (even Romano pretty much gave it a “here we go”) but they’ve seen the overly negative backlash online and have pulled the plug. I could be miles off, but I’m sure the club do read the various forums.

Scott is an interesting one. Would he play as one of the deeper midfielders, in behind a striker (I assumed Cunha would make that role his own this season), or one of the wide midfield positions?
Allows Lop to be flexible with his midfield formations:

In a 4-3-3
---- Lemina ----
Nunes --- Scott

In a 4-4-2
Nunes --- Gomes --- Lemina --- Scott

In a 4-2-3-1
------------Lemina --- Gomes-----------
Chiquinho------ Scott ------Neto

In a 4-1-4-1
---------------------Lemina----------------
Nunes ---Gomes ---- Scott ---- Neto

West Ham moving for Scott?
One of the rumoured clubs to be looking at him but their midfield attentions are more Scott McTominey it seems.

(This will be the cue for West Ham to bid £30m for Alex Scott)

One of the rumoured clubs to be looking at him but their midfield attentions are more Scott McTominey it seems.

(This will be the cue for West Ham to bid £30m for Alex Scott)
I don't see where he plays for Wham.

They have Paqueta and Fornals to do the 8/ 10 role. Their need is to replace Rice.

Soucek is crap and they only have Downes. They're linked with João Palhinha and McTominay.

I don’t reckon Doc is coming.

If he was, he’d be here by now - he’s even a free agent so no real contractual issues.

I live in hope.

But it explains their thinking though.

If your memory of Doc is that period then it will mainly be good.
Also seen plenty of older fans who have what can only be described as having memory loss as they also only remember the Nuno version of Doc despite seeing all the versions before he arrived.

Can only assume this with someone I know. Straight up saying Doc > Semedo. Ignored the RB argument. He's a STH but only since Nuno took over

On Doherty: by all accounts (and it's years and years ago now) he was an absolute fucking pain in the arse when Iorfa (rightly) took his spot. Forever moaning.

I'm not sure he wants to sign up for starting ~10 games a season. In fact don't Matt, don't do it.

I can moan about a lot of aspects of Doc, and don't really want to see him back (he is not great as a Full Back)

But If any player loses his spot in the team I would want him to be unhappy, and a pain in the arse, anyone happy to be dropped can fuck right off, your not worth the effort.

But it explains their thinking though.

If your memory of Doc is that period then it will mainly be good.
Also seen plenty of older fans who have what can only be described as having memory loss as they also only remember the Nuno version of Doc despite seeing all the versions before he arrived.
I think this sums up my view on doc.

I watched wolves pre nuno, probably from say 2010 religiously, so I can see both sides of the coin.

Whilst I don’t think he’s as bad as a lot of people on here think, I also don’t think he’s a great signing, just for him only having success in the very niche position Nuno had for him.

However, I’m also not overly against him being a squad option. In an ideal world obviously not, but we don’t live in an ideal world, (neves 😞)

Fact is, at right back we have semedo, jonny (who’s legs/knees have gone) and Dexter ( no idea what to expect from him) I’d rather Doc than both the latter currently (as no idea what Dexter will bring)

A lot of the hullabaloo IMO is likely because he’s going to be our first real (sorry Tom) signing. If it was say like the January window and we’d signed 4 players, then Doc, it wouldn’t be as much of a topic.

I think this sums up my view on doc.

I watched wolves pre nuno, probably from say 2010 religiously, so I can see both sides of the coin.

Whilst I don’t think he’s as bad as a lot of people on here think, I also don’t think he’s a great signing, just for him only having success in the very niche position Nuno had for him.

However, I’m also not overly against him being a squad option. In an ideal world obviously not, but we don’t live in an ideal world, (neves 😞)

Fact is, at right back we have semedo, jonny (who’s legs/knees have gone) and Dexter ( no idea what to expect from him) I’d rather Doc than both the latter currently (as no idea what Dexter will bring)

A lot of the hullabaloo IMO is likely because he’s going to be our first real (sorry Tom) signing. If it was say like the January window and we’d signed 4 players, then Doc, it wouldn’t be as much of a topic.
You'd be wrong.

I'd rather option C: buy a better RB than Doc

I'd rather option C: buy a better RB than Doc
Free transfer, higher priority positions we’d all agree I think.

Not saying I’m going to be celebrating Doc signing, but it’s not the Armageddon

We’ve made our bed with Semedo (similar in other positions), too much invested in him in fees and wages for him to be displaced. So he is going to play every game when fit and anyone behind him is going to be a cheap, ideally HG player, who won’t kick up a fuss.

I’m not sure how long the list is that meets those requirements but hopefully it’s greater than one and we find them.

Weren't we after djed Spence once upon a time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back