• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man city centre mid. Was on loan at sheff United last season and did pretty well by all accounts

Watched that earlier. Some lovely vision with the passes and looks great on the ball

Scott & Doyle are quite different players. Doyle would be more of a Neves replacement whereas Scott will play further forward. Definitely room in the squad for both.

I rate Doyle btw, quality all round midfielder, got so much to his game.

Just funny that the one part of the squad we have decent players in is centre mid and most of the players we've been linked to play there.

Looking at it another way. If Gomes and Nunes come good, they could both be gone in a couple of years so we'd better start the process of bringing on their replacements. Brighton are good at this, MacAllister was brought in quite a while before he was a first team regular.

You would have to think that the chances of Doherty signing here are receding . It's not as if we're mad keen to get him on the basis that he's a great prospect like Gomes or Scott .
It's not as if he's holding out for more either . I'd imagine our offer ( if we even made one or was it all just Mendes generated news ) is a modest one as it would be for a back up player and it's a take it or leave it one .
We can't offer him first team football either which is what he's want .

The last time I saw him play was for Ireland v Greece , where he looked no way near match fit and looked disinterested as well .

Like the look of Scott in that clip . It's only a small sample at a lower level , but I like the way we are chasing a talent and not letting someone else do it . Get him now for 20-25 mill rather than 40m in a few years .

Scott looks a similar player to Nunes in style and position IMO. I don't think he looks like a No.10.

Scott looks a similar player to Nunes in style and position IMO. I don't think he looks like a No.10.
The Nunes we saw last season or the Nunes at Sporting?

I don't think you could get away with playing Scott in a double pivot at this stage. I could see him in a 3 man midfield, on either wing or behind the striker.

I feel like this too. Both have very similar strengths and it feels like they would want to operate in the same way. Maybe it would work in a 433 with one holding player.

Based on the two occasions I saw Doyle against Wrexham in the FA Cup last season, he's punching at Championship level!!

Based on the two occasions I saw Doyle against Wrexham in the FA Cup last season, he's punching at Championship level!!
I didn't watch those games but he had a brilliant season for Sheffield United last year.

I don’t think any of the Sheff Utd players really shone in those games, apart from maybe Billy Sharp at a push. Only because he scored though.

I didn't watch those games but he had a brilliant season for Sheffield United last year.
He's a bit Harry Winks for me. Doesn't excel at anything and not particularly athletic.

I don't think we need him.

He's a bit Harry Winks for me. Doesn't excel at anything and not particularly athletic.

I don't think we need him.
Agreed. Hope he's one of our "back up" options, should Scott fail, rather than a first choice target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back