• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
EXCL: Fulham are in talks to sign Raúl Jiménez. He’s concrete option being considered as new striker.

Negotiations are taking place, waiting to understand Marco Silva’s decision on Al Ahli proposal.

Jiménez, in the list also because Mitrović wants Al Hilal move.

Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
EXCL: Fulham are in talks to sign Raúl Jiménez. He’s concrete option being considered as new striker.

Negotiations are taking place, waiting to understand Marco Silva’s decision on Al Ahli proposal.

Jiménez, in the list also because Mitrović wants Al Hilal move.
Be a bit of a let off if we even manage to get a fee for him too.

Makes me sad though

What do we expect the fee to be?

If its more than £5m I'll be surprised. I wouldn't want to be paying any more than that for him after his last couple of seasons.

I take it the bit about Marco Silva means Raúl won't go to Fulham if Silva goes to Saudi?

I’d be happy to just get rid of the £5-£6m left on his contract. Was expecting to have to subsidise wages to wherever he ended up

If we paid £5m for a 32 year old striker who last scored a league goal in March 2022 I don't think the reaction would be positive.
No it wouldn't. But the profile and opinion of Raul outside the club is much higher than from us.

Also, Cresswell at apparently 5million.

Don't most sources have Cresswell down as half that?

The two aren't connected, what we've seen from Raul over the last 12 months suggests he's no kind of option and any sale is good business especially as he's on huge money, whether Cresswell is a good or bad idea in a different position is another question.

A couple of times we've recently played Fulham at Craven Cottage Jiménez has gone over to the home stand after the game to chat with presumable friends/family. Wouldn't be surprised with the move.

Perhaps we could do a "Buy Raul, Get Jonny free" deal with Flum?

Don't most sources have Cresswell down as half that?

The two aren't connected, what we've seen from Raul over the last 12 months suggests he's no kind of option and any sale is good business especially as he's on huge money, whether Cresswell is a good or bad idea in a different position is another question.
If Fulham want him they clearly think he will be good enough for them in the Premier League so we should be trying to get a fee that represents that. Regardless of what we think.

If Fulham want him they clearly think he will be good enough for them in the Premier League so we should be trying to get a fee that represents that. Regardless of what we think.
Or they just walk away and sign someone else, and we're stuck with a player we don't want on silly money.

People are being totally unrealistic with valuations of our players lately. That argument doesn't even hold if you're slating the idea of signing Cresswell for £5m (not that I think he'll cost that), if our manager wants him and thinks he's good enough then surely we just pay it without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back