• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Jack the Ripper Case - SOLVED (apparently)

I sky+'d the Ripper program.... Well that's an hour of my life I won't get back! What a load of fabricated tosh

Robinson says the person he believes to be the Ripper is not one of the usual suspects. It will be interesting to read his book to see what theories he puts forward. He may put forward a name that has not been mentioned before, which will add another to the list possible Rippers.

I believe it is Maybrick/diary related, but I may be wrong.
Patricia Cornwell is bringing out a follow up book this year too.

Russell Edwards is in the pic, & the story is on the day his paperback of his book (which is becoming even more discredited as time passes) is published.

Eddowes wasn't murdered in whitechapel.
She was murdered on the 30th sept, not 13th as stated in the article.
The "picture" of eddowes probably isn't her.
She didn't head towards the high street.

A bit naughty really. Saying it is a celebration of East London women and then it just being a "celebration" of the Ripper and his victims.

A spurious claim at best Frank. Mark Palmer-Edgecumbe registered a jack the Ripper museum company back in 2012, so not a year ago as the article claims.

In other news, there's another book coming out which proposes an identity for Mary Jane Kelly. Some serious researchers I have spoken with are very impressed by the information thus far.

It does look interesting.
Whilst I'm less convinced regarding the suspect, seriously good ripper researchers are very interested in the likelihood of this actually being MJK.

General information about MJK is pretty much unverifiable, as the only information we have, is the testimony of Joseph Barnett at her inquest. & that was only what she'd told him about her.

The bit I liked was the fact that he gave a reason for the extreme facial mutilation of the final victim, which is both interesting and plausible. Less sure about the dear boss letter parts, but there is some interesting stuff going on in his research and it does seem to be a new angle that is worth reading about.

I read about the francis suspect only yesterday! Don't yet know enough to have an opinion there.

I'm 625 pages into bruce robinsons 800+ page diatribe I mentioned above. It's stephen knights "the final solution" all over again. The book is absolutely manic. There's a lot of vitriol in it too. Getting into the home straight now.

It seems to me like another person they are trying to fit into the ripper murders. It will be interesting to see how the timescales fit in, particularly for the double event.

So the Yorkshire Ripper is not considered to be mentally ill anymore and will be moved back to a prison for the first time since 1984. From the numerous books I have read on the matter, I don't think he was ever insane (though to do what he did there was obviously something 'not quite right'). Sutcliffe is probably the closest we have to Jack The Ripper though Steve Wright committed a similar series of murders involving prostitutes in Ipswich.

The interesting thing about Sutcliffe is that he always claimed that voices in his head ordered him to kill prostitutes yet many of his victims clearly were not prositutes.

Sutcliffe gained sexual pleasure from watching his victims die, a form of necrophilia

Back