• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

Think a lot of rock stars views of the world are coloured by their lifestyle, especially the hedonistic 60/70s.
Must admit I don't follow any of my hero's on SM.

I certainly don't anymore! Makes me a bit sad TBH.

mate of mine used to work as a tour manager to a lot of bands/artists. remember in the early days, we'd chat about stuff, and invariably if I'd mention a band, there would be at least one band member who was a total cunt. as time passed, we basically got to the stage of not discussing bands, to allow me to keep my rose tinted glasses!

Roger Waters always had the reputation of being somewhat difficult did he not? I haven't delved into the subject in any great detail but as much as I love Pink Floyds output having read Nick Masons book (or as much as I could stomach) I realised they were just a bunch of pissy well off Art Students and in truth I felt very little connection to them.

He is also an old man now and its no suprise that his world views may well be out of sync with the rest of the world.

A subject that often comes up is the ability to separate Art from the Artist, I can do this pretty well in most cases, after all most art is created on the edge. The only exception I find is the Lost Prophets. I really liked that one album they did, however, after hearing about what he did it killed the music stone cold dead to me. I've never been able to or wanted to listen to any of their music ever again

Waters (and indeed Gilmour) are both artists I absolutely love but wouldn't want to meet either of them or spend any time in their company.

With Pink Floyd, I've never found it difficult to separate art from artist - YMMV, of course.

Yeah, I think Morrissey is absolute pondlife these days but you're not going to stop me from listening to The Smiths.
I'm in Philadelphia in December and he's playing the Saturday night. I'm conflicted, leaning towards not going based on him being a tit and it being bloody expensive with where the pound now is

Waters said he once went to an REM gig and when he went back stage Stipe ignored him and then did an encore on his own of Barrett's dark globe as an FU to him (waters). said he sang it really well at least.

Apparently Ian browns tour (just started) is him with a backing tape. No band. WTF? £45 plus fees for that?

Anyone paying any money to watch Ian Brown "sing" live deserves everything they get. Not like you haven't been warned for about 35 years.
There's a clip on Twitter of his karaoke concert. It's everything you think it would be

I turned it on just so I could turn it off :D

In all seriousness, I have seen The Prodigy live. Knebworth 96. Their music isn't my bag but as a show it was very good.

Back