• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

went to see sigur ros in manchester monday.
a really ethereal and varied set. some tracks I have never heard live before. They effectively played 2 sets, and part 1 included quite a lot from (). Part 2 seemed almost chronological, and I nearly lost my shit when they played andvari!

one thing with sigur ros, each concert tour is always an experience. they had a great stage show, it's obviously something they regularly consider.

Hundred Reasons are finally back. I know I’m one of only about 7 fans they have left but I’m pleased about it 😀

James tickets went on sale at 9.30am today. sat waiting, refreshed the page at 9.30, & every venue was sold out! Carried on f5ing in case it was a system issue. No dice. Started to wonder if this might be the first tour since 1997 I wouldn't be able to attend.

thankfully, symphony hall were selling tickets at 10. so waited, logged on at 10, bagged 2 tickets at the 2nd time of asking (good seats too!)
then had a chat in the office for 10 mins about tickets/gigs etc. rechecked the website and saw the venue had sold out in that 10 mins!
getting tickets is madness nowadays!

You should have seen me hammering refresh like mad several years ago to get Kate Bush tickets for Squeeze. Without help from Kenny that morning no way would I have got them I reckon.

remember the good old days of going up to mike lloyds megastore and checking what was on the board? or even going to venues box offices?
As a teenager it was check the Express & Star for the Civic/Wulfrun gig listings and then get the bus up town on the Saturday to buy a ticket from the box office. All for under a tenner too. My paper round was able to fund a gig (plus a t shirt from the merch stand) every month.

Just bagged a ticket for Blur for a £110 (I needed to go, never been to a stadium gig and its Blur) Bonus on top is Ive booked the Premier Inn next door for just £60. Buzzing now.

As a teenager it was check the Express & Star for the Civic/Wulfrun gig listings and then get the bus up town on the Saturday to buy a ticket from the box office. All for under a tenner too. My paper round was able to fund a gig (plus a t shirt from the merch stand) every month.
my first civic gig ticket was £6. Booking fees are practically eclipsing that now!

Just bagged a ticket for Blur for a £110 (I needed to go, never been to a stadium gig and its Blur) Bonus on top is Ive booked the Premier Inn next door for just £60. Buzzing now.
a colleague at work was trying, but didn't succeed to get tickets for blur.

You youngsters😉 my first civic ticket was £3.50 and still the best gig I've ever been to.
I think Rainbow (supported by Rose Tattoo) at the Cattle shed in Stafford was a similar price, I could be wrong though, my memory is shot :)

My missus "surprised" me for our wedding anniversary (twas a bit of a special one). Tickets to see Bruce Springsteen at The Richoe a few years back. She handed me an envelope containing two A$ sheets. The top page had the e-tickets printed, the second a print out from viagogo, if I recall. £645 for two tickets.
I should have said, "Oh, darling, what a lovely surprise" but it came out "WTF am ya effing mad???" Life wasn`t too good for a while after that.

Back