• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

half year mix. any interest, PM details/addy. usual indie, rock, electronic, shoegaze combo. list for any spotify cheats.

I Dreamt -The Black Angels
Cascais - Gnoomes
That Clown's Got A Gun - Uranium Club
White Pebbles - Fufanu
No Big Bang - PRIESTS
Shatter - Froth
Everything all the time - Ulrika Spacek
Go To War With The Wind - Sievehead
Locust - Jupiter-C
Wild Imagination - Sweet Baboo
Demon in Profile - The Afghan Whigs
Bog Dash - Damaged Bug
Mrs. Adams - Foxygen
Living Out - Slowcoaches
Star Roving - Slowdive
Can You Deal? - Bleached
Attack Of The Giant Leeches - Half Japanese
8 Girls - Terry
Let Off Steam - KRAUSE
Valley Of Vision - Weirds
Freedom - Ty Segall
Chrystal Fairy - Crystal Fairy

half year mix. any interest, PM details/addy. usual indie, rock, electronic, shoegaze combo. list for any spotify cheats.

I Dreamt -The Black Angels
Cascais - Gnoomes
That Clown's Got A Gun - Uranium Club
White Pebbles - Fufanu
No Big Bang - PRIESTS
Shatter - Froth
Everything all the time - Ulrika Spacek
Go To War With The Wind - Sievehead
Locust - Jupiter-C
Wild Imagination - Sweet Baboo
Demon in Profile - The Afghan Whigs
Bog Dash - Damaged Bug
Mrs. Adams - Foxygen
Living Out - Slowcoaches
Star Roving - Slowdive
Can You Deal? - Bleached
Attack Of The Giant Leeches - Half Japanese
8 Girls - Terry
Let Off Steam - KRAUSE
Valley Of Vision - Weirds
Freedom - Ty Segall
Chrystal Fairy - Crystal Fairy

I bet you were one of those guys who tried to pull girls by making them mixtapes. I was the exact same during the 90's.

I bet you were one of those guys who tried to pull girls by making them mixtapes. I was the exact same during the 90's.

"tried" being the right description. and generally the tapes for the girls were always as nice as my music would allow.

anyway, if you want me send you a copy let me know. worst case, you could give it to a chick and see what happens ;)

wolf alice at the academy in brum in nov.
bloody academy. bands should play elsewhere imo.

Holy Fuck! Just realised the following gem is just over 20 years old:
R-2967994-1309628292.jpeg.jpg

wolf alice at the academy in brum in nov.
bloody academy. bands should play elsewhere imo.

what size of audience do you think they'd get? I guess that's the issue - I never quite know how popular bands are.

the full academy in brum is dreadful. Acad 2 is ok if it doesn't get too full. 3 is ok for smaller upcoming stuff - saw tame impala there for instance. but there are better venues for that size as well.

what size of audience do you think they'd get? I guess that's the issue - I never quite know how popular bands are.

the full academy in brum is dreadful. Acad 2 is ok if it doesn't get too full. 3 is ok for smaller upcoming stuff - saw tame impala there for instance. but there are better venues for that size as well.
I've no idea either mate. I'm as out of touch with the size of some bands crowds, as I am with the voting behaviour of the electorate :)
Personally I'd refuse to attend brum acad now, I'd rather travel elsewhere if it is someone I really want to see. Still love the civic, and this institute is a good venue too.

Think I saw death in vegas in the acad2, and it was ok (but a weird shaped room). Saw Michael Franti in acad 3 (criminally under-attended gig). Personally I'd like to avoid the acad where possible.

so just remembered to put hamilton leithauser on at glasto. great stuff. Park stage.
then lanegan's on.

All this Glasto talk has got me buzzing for my yearly visit to Truck Festival, which is literally 5 minutes from my house & just under a month away!

Can't wait to see Libertines, Wombats, Vaccines, Maximo Park, and lower down the bill the likes of Palace & Jamie Lenman. For around £80 a ticket and over three days/nights, I really can't speak high enough for this festival.

Truck-Eflyer-Line-Up-Split-170601-01-2-682x1024.png

This is my five-minutes-from-the-house festival. Not too many household names but it's only the second year. Bit of a coup to get PSB.

ats.jpg

All this Glasto talk has got me buzzing for my yearly visit to Truck Festival, which is literally 5 minutes from my house & just under a month away!

Can't wait to see Libertines, Wombats, Vaccines, Maximo Park, and lower down the bill the likes of Palace & Jamie Lenman. For around £80 a ticket and over three days/nights, I really can't speak high enough for this festival

Weirds & tigercub next to each other on that Lenman stage would be a good pair to check out.

Weirds & tigercub next to each other on that Lenman stage would be a good pair to check out.

Cheers for the heads up. I'll give them a listen. "The Nest" is basically a barn on the farm, usually used to hold cattle but for one weekend a year, converted in to a heavy rock music venue!

This is my five-minutes-from-the-house festival. Not too many household names but it's only the second year. Bit of a coup to get PSB.

ats.jpg

We supported Lucy Rose in Wolverhmpton just before she broke through #FACKT

Looking forward to Radiohead on in a few minutes at Glastonbury.

Paak just smashed the West Holts. Unreal artist.

Oops. Johnny Greenwood just broke a string in the middle of his Airbag solo!

So far the pattern has been - Shit one, good one, shit one, good one. And by shit I mean pretty much all of their electronic post-Ok Computer stuff.

Nah, they've been awesome.

I can't ever hear Exit Music From A Film without thinking of Father Ted and the scene on the bus!

Radiohead's music is top drawer but Thom Yorke's voice really grates on me. Don't know why I just don't like it.

Back