• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

and a happy birthday (yesterday) to the goth god

This is a great track. I have no idea who they are, when they formed. Ect
But these are worth checking out.
I'm not a goth and never have been. I like some goth music.

This is a great track. I have no idea who they are, when they formed. Ect
But these are worth checking out.
I'm not a goth and never have been. I like some goth music.
its a Nick Cave band - was his birthday. he's either 66 or 666 now, one of those.

My lad sent me a link for a show with Geddy Lee, basically him talking about his life with exerpts from his book I think. I was considering it till I checked the prices, cheapest ticket at the Civic, 72 quid, itdoes include a copy of the book but.....fuck off Geddy, think I'll just buy the book or more likely wait till one of the kids gets it me for my birthday.
Am I just out of touch as regards prices of events?

No gig prices are generally ridiculous nowadays. You get the odd smaller band or smaller venue that is £40 or less but they are few and far between.

Went to see the Bootleg Beatles at the Grand on Sunday. Great show (if you`re a fan). Why i mention it, I didn`t know the guy who plays George is from Wolverhampton. Very good too.

I went to see Deep Purple at Wembley Arena in 1987 (they were shit, but that's another story) - it cost £9.50, which at the time seemed very expensive! That's around £34 in today's money according to an online calculator thingy.

You can also now buy a ticket stub for that gig for £29.

any venue that holds more than 1000 people and you're likely looking at over £60 a ticket. Even smaller venues you're looking at over £40 now. Tells you something that I saw @sycophantia post the price of the geddy lee show, and thought the price was ok given it includes a copy of his book! I am off to see Ade Edmonson in 2 weeks, and his pricing was similar.

Found this article interesting;
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...k-catalogues-is-electrifying-live-music-again

I do like a surprise when seeing a live show, and I don't want to see bands going through the motions. It surely must be boring for them to play the same setlist every night!
Equally am conscious there can be twitter storms when a band doesn't play a certain hit, but you don't go just to hear that song surely. It is the whole experience, and being surprised or hearing something different is surely part of that.

Ok, seems I'm even more of a dinosaur than I thought, it's probably that it's not an actual gig, just Geddy reading from his book I think.
Looks like I've just to pay what ever it is to see the things I like. It's only money after all, once my pension is spent I've always got my 3 kids to sponge off😀

Found this article interesting;
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2...k-catalogues-is-electrifying-live-music-again

I do like a surprise when seeing a live show, and I don't want to see bands going through the motions. It surely must be boring for them to play the same setlist every night!
Equally am conscious there can be twitter storms when a band doesn't play a certain hit, but you don't go just to hear that song surely. It is the whole experience, and being surprised or hearing something different is surely part of that.
I was at the first night of the National at Ally Pally. I was gutted when I saw the setlist of the second night. But I'm sure I'd have been gutted the other way round too!

Seen a few clips of the U2 show at the new Sphere venue in Las Vegas. It looks amazing (apart from its U2) Dread to think how much the tickets for that are.

I was at the first night of the National at Ally Pally. I was gutted when I saw the setlist of the second night. But I'm sure I'd have been gutted the other way round too!
get where you're coming from. I look online when bands I like are touring and have some envy of the different set lists at different venues! Even though I had a great time at the gig I went to!

Kickstarter to the best era

any venue that holds more than 1000 people and you're likely looking at over £60 a ticket. Even smaller venues you're looking at over £40 now.
Recently saw a gig announced for the Civic which I was interested in and was shocked to see it was £50 a ticket.

Recently saw a gig announced for the Civic which I was interested in and was shocked to see it was £50 a ticket.
always good to see/hear!
After a summer with very few gigs, I am looking forward to having several in october, november and december!

always good to see/hear!
After a summer with very few gigs, I am looking forward to having several in october, november and december!
My October line up is like this :-

Peter Hook in Wolves on Thursday.
PWEI at The Crossing on 27th
Space in Wolves on 28th
Boo Radleys on 31st

My October line up is like this :-

Peter Hook in Wolves on Thursday.
PWEI at The Crossing on 27th
Space in Wolves on 28th
Boo Radleys on 31st
I have a number of comedy/theatre shows (Rhys James, Ade Edmonson and others) but music wise have The Chemical Brothers, Penguin cafe, and Alexis Ffrench amongst others coming up.

Back