• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

The Civic really is an awesome venue. Been fortunate to see some amazing gigs there over the years.

Never really listened to any of McCartney’s solo stuff but been listening to the Band on the Run album after it was mentioned on the radio earlier. It’s very good.

Never really listened to any of McCartney’s solo stuff but been listening to the Band on the Run album after it was mentioned on the radio earlier. It’s very good.
Band on the Run is my favourite McCartney stuff, even over the Beatles which obviously I like too.

Band on the Run is a great album. Lots of memories of my dad listening to it when I was a kid.

Band On The Run is ace. Though I think my favourite is Flaming Pie. Very underrated.

Obviously as with all music it's of its time, but listening 40 years later it's pretty dreary shite isn't it?
dreary was exactly what a lot of the press said at the time, nevermind 40 years on. It was part of the appeal. it’s all subjective of course like all music.

I think Dead Can Dance debut was out a week after so I’ll have some more dreary shite for you later this week 😃

dreary was exactly what a lot of the press said at the time, nevermind 40 years on. It was part of the appeal. it’s all subjective of course like all music.

I think Dead Can Dance debut was out a week after so I’ll have some more dreary shite for you later this week 😃
Tbf, I'm partial to a bit of dreary shite myself at times.

Only Morrissey was dreary. Well, more melancholic really.

Johnny Marr was superb and wrote very catchy tunes. The occasional depressing one but 99% upbeat.

Only Morrissey was dreary. Well, more melancholic really.

Johnny Marr was superb and wrote very catchy tunes. The occasional depressing one but 99% upbeat.
Yeah Jonny Marr is good, particularly enjoy his stuff on Kirsty McColls albums.

Everything Everything have released their new album today titled ‘Mountainhead’. Needless to say, it’s superb. Every album they’ve released is a journey.

New single here -

Never forget that a Beatle wrote, performed, and released this track to the public.

You should see a doctor about that tbh

Underworlds Second Toughest In The Infants album is 25 years old today.
Metallicas Master of Puppets is 38 years old this week.

I'm watching The Zutons in a church in Reading on Saturday. It looks a really interesting venue & I think the acoustics in there will be outrageous.

I'm watching The Zutons in a church in Reading on Saturday. It looks a really interesting venue & I think the acoustics in there will be outrageous.
We went to see Turin Brakes at Manchester Cathedral in 2021, the sound quality was next level

Back