• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Music Thread Strikes Back

another great album hits 40. the sweetest moment comes at last. the waiting's over, in shock they stare and cue fanfare

In our student regular on Friday night we used to put £1 worth (10p a song) of really long Meatloaf songs on just before we left for somewhere else.

Hilarious obviously.

Today I reached the stage in life where I've never even heard of one of the Glastonbury headliners

Today I reached the stage in life where I've never even heard of one of the Glastonbury headliners
Must admit to not having heard of Sza but I'm aware of Coldplay and Dua Lupa.
In fact Dua Lipa seems to be stalking me on FB, had very little knowledge up until a few weeks ago, now she bombards me with pictures every day, I'd never even checked out any of her sm or videos so dunno how she came across me😁

Must admit to not having heard of Sza but I'm aware of Coldplay and Dua Lupa.
In fact Dua Lipa seems to be stalking me on FB, had very little knowledge up until a few weeks ago, now she bombards me with pictures every day, I'd never even checked out any of her sm or videos so dunno how she came across me😁
My sentence can read differently to how I intended it. I meant I'd not heard of one of the 3, not all of them.

Deffo wondered how you'd not heard of Coldplay

Haven't looked but I generally find the stuff away from the main stages and headliners more interesting anyway.

Pyramid stage line-up is dreadful. Other stage is much better

Last year's headliners bar Elton weren't up to much, Arctic Monkeys were appalling (Turner is such a wanker these days), Lana Del Rey is just crap and it was only nostalgia that got me through 20 minutes of Axl Rose trying to sing.

A very underwhelming main line-up this year. Especially the headliners. Looks likes they had a bit of a panic when Madonna and Stevie Wonder decided not to play. But it's not all about what's on the Pyramid Stage, there's plenty of other stages and stuff on which won't get announced on the line-up poster.

The thing is that I'm not even impressed with any of the West Holts/Park Stage names announced thus far. Usually, a few of the headliners or those acts 2nd or 3rd on the bill are great - but nothing whatsoever this year.

Not been for ages but when I did go most years, I went to the smaller stages much more often than the Pyramid/Other stages.

It's just rubbish.

Jordan Rakei and Black Pumas on West Holts are both spectacular, particularly live. Masego is very, very talented too - always good fun when the sax comes out.

There's enough on there to make a decent weekend of it on iPlayer. Last Dinner Party are really good 👍

Not enough for me to justify the cost, anyway most of my gig budget this year has gone on Foo Fighters tickets.

Back