• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Rams
Chiefs
Rams
Pat Mahomes
Trevor Lawrence

Don't think the Rams will get the number 1 seed because of their division, but will come through the play offs.
Rams with Stafford will be really, really good.

ROTY pretty much always goes to a QB, how didn't Jefferson win it last year? With bias I think Devonta Smith is going to be great if his pipe cleaner legs don't break

AFC Champion - Chiefs
NFC Champion - Buccs
Super Bowl winner - Browns
MVP - Brady
ROTY - Zach Wilson

Chiefs
Packers
Chiefs
Rodgers
No idea. Lawrence might be a huge immediate success OR it could all go pear shaped. Jags are still a very poor team and Urban Meyer could really screw things up. Apparently Mac Jones is favourite, so I'll go with Trey Lance.

As the season kicks off tomorrow anyone want to make some predictions?

AFC Champion
NFC Champion
Super Bowl winner
MVP
ROTY
I'll do the American thing and go by division:

AFC:
  • Miami (East)
  • Pittsburgh (North)
  • Tennessee (South)
  • Kansas City (West)
NFC:
  • Washington (East)
  • Green Bay (North)
  • Tampa Bay (South)
  • San Francisco (West)
AFC Champion: Pittsburgh
NFC Champion: Tampa Bay
SB Champion: Pittsburgh
MVP: Patrick Mahomes
ROTY: Najee Harris

Zero chance Dolphins win AFC East. Bills and Patriots will both finish above them.

Miami has a very good team and coach this year. They'll be in the mix for the division, for sure.

If QB is your reasoning then you shouldn't have New England above them.

Tua's fitness for the NFL will be found out this year, not last. If their offensive line keeps him protected he can put up gaudy numbers, especially with the speed the Dolphins have at WR this year.

I’d put money that Jones will prove to be a better QB than Tua. And Allen clearly is. And I’d bet the Patriots defense is better this year than the Dolphins. I like Flores as a coach but they’ve got 2 offensive coordinators which I don’t think will work, and they have also got rid of half of their team captains from last year so lack leadership in the locker room.

If Washington win the NFC East they'll be the first team to go back to back in 17 years. It'll be Dallas if they keep Dak fit

Dallas' offensive line isn't good enough, IMO.

I also rate Rivera as a coach. They'll win the division with something like a 10-6 record.

Dallas' offensive line isn't good enough, IMO.

I also rate Rivera as a coach. They'll win the division with something like a 10-6 record.
So good they don't even play 1 game? Fitzmagic is fun, he's not a 10 win QB

Even talking about my lot having a 10-win record is giddy stuff. We may win the division but we will get mauled in the playoffs. Beating Dallas twice would be nice though.

If Trent fucking Dilfer and Joe Flacco can win Super Bowls, so can Fitzpatrick.

He probably won't, but worse QBs than him have.

fwiw I agree that Fitzmagic is good enough to get the Football Team to the playoffs, but seriously Alan - Miami AND Pittsburgh??

Dolphins could sneak into the playoffs, but Steelers to win it all? They are going to need a huge season from Big Ben who is not as immortal as Tom Brady. They were not as good as their 11-0 start last season, or as bad as their 1-4 finish. Finishing above the Browns and the Ravens - unlikely. Might not make the playoffs at all.

Illustrates how big of an impact I think Najee Harris will have for Pittsburgh.

I'm not at all sold on Baltimore or Cleveland.

I'll freely admit that the AFC East is going to be a three-way crapshoot this year, though. Wouldn't be surprised to see any of Buffalo, New England, or Miami win that division. Even the Jets could stay in the hunt if Wilson is as good as people are saying (although Sam Darnold also got rave reviews during his first offseason in New York, and that didn't exactly pan out for them).

Back