• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

fwiw I agree that Fitzmagic is good enough to get the Football Team to the playoffs, but seriously Alan - Miami AND Pittsburgh??

Dolphins could sneak into the playoffs, but Steelers to win it all? They are going to need a huge season from Big Ben who is not as immortal as Tom Brady. They were not as good as their 11-0 start last season, or as bad as their 1-4 finish. Finishing above the Browns and the Ravens - unlikely. Might not make the playoffs at all.
True about the Steelers. I think they only beat one team with a winning record in their 11-0 start last season, they beat a cupcake schedule and when they faced good teams they were shown up as paper tigers. BUT, they have a good D and some capable receivers. Don’t know that their o-line is all that good though.

I'm just waiting to see how many games it will take for the Bears to ditch their starting QB...

Dalton is okay, tbf. I have no idea how Fields will pan out in the league, though. My gut says not well, but I didn't rate Prescott coming out of college, so anything is possible.

My (very casual...) observance is Dalton is too immobile for the OL and a lot was put into the Fields basket to not use him.
But I know shit. Does the Fridge still play..?🤔😊

Bears start against the Rams don’t they? I think they’d probably rather not get their nice shiny new rookie QB killed by Aaron Donald in his first ever game…

If Chicago starts playing Fields too early he'll go the way of Dwayne Haskins before him.

He's raw. He needs time to develop. The NFL is notoriously unforgiving toward QBs who get played too early. Most of them never recover.

Fair enough. As I say, I'm only a casual...

I'll be furious for a number of reasons if that happens. Not least of which is that it would mean Tua is no longer there which I think would be extremely harsh on him.

The way people have judged him for last season is honestly kind of shocking to me.

Deshaun Watson will be out of the league… and in jail for being a sex pest.
Not.a.chance. Carolina would be my guess.

Tua performed par for a rookie. Needs a big jump this year though to remove those Watson rumours. For selfish reasons I hope he has a shocker

Want Deshaun in Miami, Tony?

Want Deshaun in Miami, Tony?
No, just want a high pick from Miami's 1. I don't really want Watson in Philly, but it wouldn't repulse me as much as R Semedo at Wolves. I think that's a combination of the NFL scumbag rate being naturally high and me not being there week in week out to watch it even though with podcasts I probably spend more of my time on them than I do Wolves

Ah, had your allegiances mixed up. And had also forgotten about the Miami pick that Philly has.

Also, apologies if there was any unintended accusatory tone in the question.

Not.a.chance. Carolina would be my guess.

Tua performed par for a rookie. Needs a big jump this year though to remove those Watson rumours. For selfish reasons I hope he has a shocker
I think there is very much a chance. The sheer number of women who have come forward means this is not going away and federal authorities have been brought into the investigation. The evidence against him is growing and seem compelling. My bet is his career is done.

If it were the UK I'd agree, in the US money talks. I'm confident he'll be playing for someone in 2022

Back