• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

I remember the Hamburg Sea Devils being quite big when I lived there, but obviously the league has gone now and I have no idea what the fanbase do with themselves.

The Hamburg Freezers are still going in the German ice hockey league I believe.

Panthers have signed Smith AND Williams. I am a happy man.

Panthers have signed Smith AND Williams. I am a happy man.

Saw that, thought it would make you happy!

The Bills have signed, erm, erm, Tyler Thigpen and Drayton Florence. And lost Paul Posluszny. Championship! Or not.

:D

Maybe Bill's will surprise everyone again this year. My team has nowhere to go but up, so I at least have that to look forward to.

The Buffalo Bills message boards are going into meltdown over the fact that they failed to sign Tyson Clabo, who instead chose to stay with Atlanta. I think the whole of Western New York has been put on suicide watch. It is interesting though, the nature of 'fan mentality'. I don't think I've ever seen a more negative fan base with a predisposition to over-reaction in all my sports supporting life. They make waggy seem like the most positive person in all of Christendom...

Sports websites in general tend to attract a lot of meatheads.

They've calmed down a little as the Bills have now signed ILB Nick Barnett from the Packers. He could be real steal. Barnett on the inside, Merriman on the outside, that's a pretty mean looking LB corps...

Only started taking an interest in NFL half way through last season. Friend who was helping teach me bits of the sport is a big Colts fan so I've been following them. I say teaching, but really nothing went in. Took me a while to understand downs. That's about as much as I learnt :D. It did become a more enjoyable sport to watch the more I understood though. Glad the whole lockouts been avoided as I remember the NHL's years ago, after a while I began to lose a bit of interest and had the NFL had a lock out I doubt my newly found interest would have lasted.

Only thing I know about Colts for the coming season so far is that Mannings signed a new contract so that's good news. This post/pre season stuff goes way over my head though. I'll save that for next year once I'm more comfortable with the sport itself. Just want the games to start now.

You could choose worse teams to watch than the Colts. Manning is always a joy to watch.

They've calmed down a little as the Bills have now signed ILB Nick Barnett from the Packers. He could be real steal. Barnett on the inside, Merriman on the outside, that's a pretty mean looking LB corps...

That's a great signing. And I didn't realize Merriman was in Buffalo. That is indeed a great LB corps.

Any Redskins news? Still destined to big the biggest shit franchise in the sporting world for another season?

Any Redskins news? Still destined to big the biggest shit franchise in the sporting world for another season?

They traded away their QB, Donovan McNabb and a defensive tackle called Albert Haynesworth who 2 years ago was one of the best defensive players in the league but who last year played like this (he's no. 92 by the way):

I think it's what you call addition by subtraction...

McNabb was never meant to be a long term solution, so that wasn't too surprising. Haynesworth is a piece of crap and I'm glad to see him go so I can stop hearing his name. I hope he flops in NE and gets removed from the league.

I hope so. I live in Redskins town and can't stand them.

Would anyone be interested in adding a prediction league for the NFL?

Did I mention that the Bills drafted this guy?

:disco:

Stop rubbing it in!! ; )

Would anyone be interested in adding a prediction league for the NFL?

I run one every year. I don't know if you guys across the pond are allowed to sign up (it's on Yahoo-US), but would be happy to post the info for people to try.

Stop rubbing it in!! ; )

I run one every year. I don't know if you guys across the pond are allowed to sign up (it's on Yahoo-US), but would be happy to post the info for people to try.

I'd sign up for it. I was going to set one up as I'd been part of one on CBS Sportsline, but I'd as soon join yours if there isn't enough interest from other forum members.

NFL Fantasy leagues

Just realized I forgot to post the info for these, there was some interest in signing up when previously spoken of.

These are just pick 'ems and salary leagues, so doesn't take much time/effort and isn't a big deal if you decide it's not your thing.

NFL Pick 'Em
Group ID# (50815)
Password (t3chrules)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

NFL Salary Cap
Group ID# (4792)
Password (t3chrules)
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/salcap/

Not quite the right thread, but does anyone know which channel is carrying American Football this season?

It starts this week doesn't it?

Back