• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

It starts this week doesn't it?

Opening game was last night, New Orleans vs Green Bay, the last two super bowl winners. Missed it myself since I don't have a TV for a few months, but heard it was good.

Still time for people to sign up for the leagues and get their picks/rosters in before Sunday, you'll only have missed out on one game.

I watched the advert and as they were running out the PA announcer says 'Green Bay 11 times World Champions'. How's that work then?

Not quite the right thread, but does anyone know which channel is carrying American Football this season?

It starts this week doesn't it?

Other than Sky's double header on Sunday evenings I believe Channel 4 are showing the late Sunday game. I'm not certain if they are also showing the Monday night game.

I watched the advert and as they were running out the PA announcer says 'Green Bay 11 times World Champions'. How's that work then?

I challenge you to find a team from anywhere else in the world that could beat the Superbowl winners!

I challenge you to find a team from anywhere else in the world that could beat the Superbowl winners!

Not the point really. If there going to claim to be World champions it needs to be a World competition.

Welcome back by the way.

It's the same with stuff like The World Series. Just let them get on with it.

Other than Sky's double header on Sunday evenings I believe Channel 4 are showing the late Sunday game. I'm not certain if they are also showing the Monday night game.

Brilliant! I'll check that out.

Obviously more closely than when I scanned the schedules earlier.

You're a very nice man!

Not the point really. If there going to claim to be World champions it needs to be a World competition.

We tried to get Europe involved and you guys didn't seem interested! ; )

It's the same with stuff like The World Series. Just let them get on with it.

Completely different from the World Series, which actually is a bit ridiculous now that baseball is played all over the world. Of course when the name was penned, it wasn't. The NBA seems to have some sense though, and change their name from "NBA World Championship Series" to just "NBA Finals" in the 80's.

So season is now properly underway. Colts start the season without Manning and is the first time in 227 games he doesn't start. 1st Quarter his replacement Collins has been sacked twice, 2nd one fumbled at our own 20 and Texans punish. 0-10. And he's just fumbled again at our 20. This is going well. 0-17.

A 79yard return for the Texans send them in at the break 34-0. This is just a battering. Following the drive chart on the NFL game centre and besides punts we've only entered their half once. I almost purchased the game pass for the week so I could watch the game, glad I didn't. Sorry to take it away from the fantasy league btw, I tried searching for the NFL thread but it kept saying no search results. To keep it somewhat related though I guess I could say I hope no one picked anything at all related to our defence.

The Bills destroy last year's AFC West division winning Chiefs 41-7 in Kansas City. I think the Bills might well surprise a few people this season. Let's Go Buffalo...

I'm not quite knowledgeable of what teams are usually good/strong etc but last year the Chiefs seemed a decent outfit so that score did seem a surprise. Steelers also losing 35-7 to Ravens. Hoping to learn a bit more about each team this year as the season goes on. Apparently the Colts with Manning against Texans were 18-2. I doubt Manning would have prevented a loss today given our defence but I'm sure we would have been stronger offensively. We had a better 2nd half but the game was gone already at that point. Least the Eagles won (I like to see the Philly teams do well being a Flyers fan).

Cam Newton. That is all.

Buffalo Bills: 3 and 0 baby! Beat the Patriots for the first time in 8 years! Last unbeaten team in the AFC. I love the NFL...

I thought we moved to here, http://www.wolvesforum.co.uk/showthread.php?12166-NFL-Fantasy-leagues

I'll post here then. ;)

Yes Bills are playing great, who saw that coming? Since when does Fitzpatrick know how to be good?

My bad, I forgot about that thread! Maybe a mod could merge the 2 threads in to one all powerful NFL thread?

And I knew Fitzmagic could be good: he threw for 3000 yards and 23 TDs on a bad Bills team last season. And this year the Bills are not bad at all, as Marsha Brady and Bill Belicheat found out yesterday...Are they play-off good? I'm not sure, but 76% teams that have started 3-0 have gone to the play-offs: the Bills have twice fallen into the other 24%...

Yes, Cam has been good.

Could this thread be merged with the other NFL thread?

Done.

Does the thread title need changing or is it ok?

Back