• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official FIFA World Cup 2022 Megathread

I hope they get knocked out early as they are bloody appalling to watch under that relic of a manager.

Could apply to England this. I'm not bothered who wins it as long as it's a team who are good to watch.

Said it previously Portugal are possible early exit contenders, (England are to)
There’s a lot out there that think they’ll reach a semi final/final.
A lot of sycophants out there want a Argentina v Portugal final for one last Messi/Ronald’s face off.

Struggle to see Portugal getting past group as you say.

I saw Argentina in the summer against Italy and it was the most cohesive I’d seen them in a long time. Fairly decent balance in defence and attack for once. Italy were terrible mind you.

Struggle to see Portugal getting past group as you say.

I saw Argentina in the summer against Italy and it was the most cohesive I’d seen them in a long time. Fairly decent balance in defence and attack for once. Italy were terrible mind you.

Tend to agree, no team is jumping off the page as a clear favourite. Brazil are favourites but when you strip their squad down there’s many teams can argue there’s is just as good.

As per usual with the World Cup, it's much easier to pick out 28 nations that won't win it. Though I desperately hope the winner this year is not one of the usual suspects.

Argentina, Brazil or France for me.

Argentina to beat France in the final.
Benzema top scorer

I'm all in on Canada, baby. Jonathan David is going to be a name we hear a lot.

Put it on the board.

I'm looking forward to their group stage elimination and putting you back in your CONCACAF box 😃. Junior Hoilett ffs
If they don't make it out of the Group you may never hear from me again. :ROFLMAO:

They won't win the thing but what Herdman (sp) has put together in the Great White North is damn impressive, especially considering how much they still rely on the likes of Hoilett.

I'm really looking forward to it - and will do until the build up to the Qatar v Ecuador match is ruined by the very first feature on the England camp, rather than building up to a game which has nothing to do with England. Then we'll probably get a bit more during half time.

Drives me up the fucking wall and I'll have to put up with it for every single damn day until we're knocked out. And then a few days after that for the forensic analysis etc etc.

You will get that World Cup buzz again as you settle down to watch Ecuador v Qatar on Sunday...
Don't get me wrong I'm totally looking forward to random daytime matches while working from home ;)

I'm really looking forward to it - and will do until the build up to the Qatar v Ecuador match is ruined by the very first feature on the England camp, rather than building up to a game which has nothing to do with England. Then we'll probably get a bit more during half time.

Drives me up the fucking wall and I'll have to put up with it for every single damn day until we're knocked out. And then a few days after that for the forensic analysis etc etc.
I am half expecting them to go split screen when something happens in the England camp.

Like when Sky are showing the 2pm Sunday kick off and put the game into a small box to show the Liverpool team bus arriving at a Stadium.

So Sunday, expect the game to go small because Grealish has just scored in a training session with Harry Maguire in goal

So Sunday, expect the game to go small because Grealish has just scored in a training session with Harry Maguire in goal
When they're playing FIFA 23.

I hate the OTT England coverage. I may mention this more during the tournament.

When they're playing FIFA 23.

I hate the OTT England coverage. I may mention this more during the tournament.
It will be balance by Glasgow saying its ACE and the best part of the World Cup (unless they discuss Wales), so go nuts

Back