• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official FIFA World Cup 2022 Megathread

Average number of caps that team got must be about 80 and would have been closer to 100 if it weren’t for international career ending injuries and bans.
Should have monopolised tournaments like Spain did a few years later

And here is the Italy squad!

FhTUY8HWABUsG5M

For the friendlies against Albania and Austria :(:LOL:

That’s a big rebuild job coming only 18 months after the Euro win
When I think of Italy squads in the past they were mainly household names of high calibre. I haven't heard of many of these. Apparently the striker Pafundi is only 16, born a couple of months before Italy won the World Cup in 2006

I get it’s an experimental/young squad but to see whether these players have it or to benefit them in the longer run, the side/squad should be interspersed with experience

There are some fairly experienced players in there who were involved in the Euros win but a lot of very young players too. Good to see Chiesa back after he got injured in the tournament last summer, fantastic player. I also like Raspadori, having a good season at Napoli and scored 5 in 15 for Italy

Isn't the point of a forum that you look at what other people have written?

I do find it strange that some people just type stuff out and post it. I mean, what for if its not for a conversation?
I did look, but missed it and was contrite about my error. If you had read what I posted you would have understood that.

Tell you what Johnny, I like you outside of this forum, but you are a dick at times on here.

Last edited:
Just started watching the FIFA doc on NETFLIX. Not a lot we didn’t know already,
Blatter looks very ill but has an evil look in his eyes still.
The Qatari official can’t remember his name comes across as so arrogant and very sanctimonious at the same time.
FIFA was and to a lesser degree run like a totalitarian dictatorship. Answers to no-one riddled with corruption, those who speak out or challenge authority are ousted very quickly, all this whilst trying to paint a facade at face value.

Corbeanu not in the Canada squad, not a surprise given he's struggling for game time in a Blackpool side in awful form20221113_172423.jpg

Can't see anything official but the press in Mexico think Raul is in the 26

"According to multiple reports, Diego Lainez and Santiago Giménez will not receive a call up for the tournament that is scheduled to start on November 20.
Both players were expected to make the final roster, but Martino will leave them out and call up Raúl Jiménez and Roberto Alvarado instead. The Wolverhampton striker has been dealing with a groin injury since August and has yet to play for club and country, but it seems that he will be recovering in time to lead Mexico’s attack at Qatar."

Raul in:

Goalkeepers: William Ochoa, Alfredo Talavera, Rodolfo Cota.

Defenders: Jorge Sánchez, Kevin Álvarez, Néstor Araujo, Johan Vásquez, Héctor Moreno, César Montes,Gerardo Arteaga, Jesús Gallardo.

Midfielders: Andrés Guardado, Héctor Herrera, Charly Rodríguez, Erick Gutiérrez, Luis Chávez, Edson Álvarez,Orbelín Pineda, Luis Romo.

Forwards: Alexis Vega, Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano, Raúl Jiménez, Roberto Alvarado, Uriel Antuna, Henry Martín, Rogelio Funes Mori.

ical link for all the matches: webcal://www.tvsportguide.com/scripts/calendar/wc2018.php

Ignore the fact they haven't renamed it..

Raul in:

Goalkeepers: William Ochoa, Alfredo Talavera, Rodolfo Cota.

Defenders: Jorge Sánchez, Kevin Álvarez, Néstor Araujo, Johan Vásquez, Héctor Moreno, César Montes,Gerardo Arteaga, Jesús Gallardo.

Midfielders: Andrés Guardado, Héctor Herrera, Charly Rodríguez, Erick Gutiérrez, Luis Chávez, Edson Álvarez,Orbelín Pineda, Luis Romo.

Forwards: Alexis Vega, Hirving ‘Chucky’ Lozano, Raúl Jiménez, Roberto Alvarado, Uriel Antuna, Henry Martín, Rogelio Funes Mori.
You are now on the list of people who get the news well before Liam...

Technically you can now call yourself a Forum ITK and make up shit we all believe

Back