• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official, Final TWF Player of the Season vote

Player of 2017/18

• John Ruddy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Doherty

• Ryan Bennett

• Romain Saiss

• Ivan Cavaleiro

• Diogo Jota

• Helder Costa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He loves a fight. Loves getting right in front of his man and a tussle where he often comes out on top (fnarr)

I agree with Dan about Neves. There were several games early on when he didn't look special, just kept things ticking over. I had Saiss as just as good as him or better in a few verdicts.

I think his confidence has shot up and as such is playing the hollywood passes we know and love.

Neves has never looked 'nothing special'. He was superb from the start. He's gotten better as the season went on but that doesn't mean he wasn't class beforehand. Hull away is still one of the best individual performances I've ever seen at this level.

He wasn't "superb" on a regular basis early on. He had the odd really good game but just not as consistently as he does now.

There was talk at the end of September about him needing a rest after a couple of below average performances against Barnsley and Sheff Utd. He followed that up with running the show at Burton.

He wasn't exactly bang on against Wednesday at the weekend though. Misplaced a few passes and got caught in possession a couple of times. Mind you he was probably half way back to Portugal in his head - or maybe he was deliberately trying to put off the Liverpool scouts.

He wasn't "superb" on a regular basis early on. He had the odd really good game but just not as consistently as he does now.

He was superb against Middlesboro in the opening game of the season where the pass for Doc nobody saw except the two players and to a man everybody in the stadium had their jaw on the floor (and they're lying if they say otherwise).

He then went from strength to strength and I agree with Lycan he's been dominant all season. Jota was exceptional for a spell and the best player in the team when the first poll was run it's just Ruben has got better and better and shown his class by being the player we thought he would be.

Conner Coady for me , what a turn around from last season , yes Neves is a more skillfull player and Boly probably a better defender, but love Coady"s
attitude and enthusiasm, he can ping a pass when he needs to and he's been a good captain . Well done Conner !

He was superb against Middlesboro in the opening game of the season where the pass for Doc nobody saw except the two players and to a man everybody in the stadium had their jaw on the floor (and they're lying if they say otherwise).

He then went from strength to strength and I agree with Lycan he's been dominant all season. Jota was exceptional for a spell and the best player in the team when the first poll was run it's just Ruben has got better and better and shown his class by being the player we thought he would be.

Totally agree, he was very good to start and improved to sensational as the season went on.

That ball against Boro was incredible and before we'd learnt to see Neves with the ball and look for a ridiculous 40 yard ball!

Voted Neves. Coady 2nd. Cav 3rd.

I went for Boly because I just fucking love him. And Neves is God. And Jota is God as well.

And that is leaving out a load of great candidates from elsewhere in the side. Let's fucking face it. They have all been magnificent.

There will still be discussion when the eventual winner is announced - but this is the first season for a few years that no one can say 'how the feck did he win that' (though I am aware that Doherty appears to be in the shortlist, though he won't win anyway)

Reality is that any of the main eleven would have been a worthy winner over the last 3 years

Come late to this one. Was rushed into hospital 3 weeks ago with stroke/seizure, which meant I missed the Sheff Wed game, probably the only seaspn ticket holder in the whole crowd not to turn up! Just back home now and recovering. At least I have the summer now to get fit. Also changed my original vote from Neves to Coady having spent a lot of time to reflect.

Get well soon Vic!

Thanks I get these issues every 12 months or so. At least I have plenty of tme to get fit for next season and I had already renewed my season ticket :)

That really long pass that 'looked' overhit to a mere mortal but was actually perfect? Yep jaw on floor

1. Neves

2. Boly

3. Jota

Back