• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

You lot have zero taste
Bat out of hell was one of the first albums to tell a story. It’s iconic if a bit cheesy. Steinman was great at what he did. Dissing that album, one of the best selling of all time , is unjustified

I agree. It’s absolutely magnificent. The production and musicianship is sensational. Title track and Paradise are stunning songs. Two Out of Three and All Revved up and no place to go and you took the words out of my mouth are ace. There isn’t a weak track on there that I can think of.

Sorry, Cyber:

You lot have zero taste
The bible was one of the first books to tell a story. It’s iconic if a bit cheesy. Church leaders were great at what they did. Dissing that book, the best selling of all time , is unjustified.

No. Popular or not, it's still a load of crap.

I agree. It’s absolutely magnificent. The production and musicianship is sensational. Title track and Paradise are stunning songs. Two Out of Three and All Revved up and no place to go and you took the words out of my mouth are ace. There isn’t a weak track on there that I can think of.
You lot have zero taste
Bat out of hell was one of the first albums to tell a story. It’s iconic if a bit cheesy. Steinman was great at what he did. Dissing that album, one of the best selling of all time , is unjustified
Meatloaf's music is appalling, you lunatics.
Well 2 out of 3 ain't bad

No it fucking isn’t. Everyone’s tastes are different and the first two albums are among the favourites of my life. Not liking an album doesn’t make it bad. Pretty sure I would hate Meat is Murder and you would hate Reign in Blood. Our opinions on those don’t make them bad.

Yeah much as I love Bat Out Of Hell, its the only album he's done that I like.....a perfect combination of Meatloafs vocals/showmanship, Steinmans writing, Rundgrens production and the brilliant musicians they put together
Most of the musicians on it were either out of Todd Rundgrens Utopia or the E Street Band

Just so you know this is a Man who met and talked with Johnny cash. He trumps the smiths every time

That duet in paradise after the baseball bit is superb!
Great music to get you laid .
Those were the days when meat loaf would get the girl ready and you could cash in as she wanted the nearest hot horny male. Ie you !

Meatloaf's music is appalling, you lunatics.
MV5BZjU0NzBmMzYtZWJiYy00OGQ2LWFjYTItMzBjOTBmZmZiZGE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzk1MjY5Njc@._V1_.jpg

Loved him in Phoenix Nights though

It's not a competition y'know.
It is
It always is!
Lolz
Johnny Cash was an absolute gent. Real class. Wish I had understood how privileged I was 30 years ago. To be sitting talking with him relaxed and calm I could ask him anything . Then I chose just the basics. He gave me a back stage pass, him and June thanked me for my help and off I went. Christ if only I had realised who I was with in terms of status

I never imagined I'd touch a nerve by slagging off Meatloaf. Meatloaf FFS!

An absolute comedy act.
Says the man who likes Morrissey!
There is no comparison. Meat wins. By a street. Steinman was brilliant at what he did

Back