• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Gutted to wake up to that this morning. He was in a bad way back in 2013 for the first reunion but was loads better the year after when they did the second run. My dad saw him at the Quo convention in 2019 and said he seemed absolutely fine. Sad day man, sad day.

Roger Hunt, great striker took up lorry driving after he retired from football. Imagine todays players having to work when they pack up, NNNNOOOOOOO. R.I.P Roger.

Roger Hunt, great striker took up lorry driving after he retired from football. Imagine todays players having to work when they pack up, NNNNOOOOOOO. R.I.P Roger.
Yep most of them in that era had to get a job, lots of them became publicans. Derby captain David Nish became a milkman I think, window cleaner was also a popular job. Our own Geoff Palmer became a policeman

Mark Lawrenson became a publican down near Faringdon in Oxfordshire. He really wasn’t very good at it and what was a decent pub went right downhill.

The pub was in Great Coxwell I think but buggered if I can remember the name of it.

Andy Sinton is a rep for a fire alarm company and pops into my office occasionally. (well, pre Covid anyway)

Greg Gilbert of Delays, 44. Bowel cancer. He said a few weeks ago that it was just a matter of time and he was stopping treatment, so very sad.

Greg Gilbert of Delays, 44. Bowel cancer. He said a few weeks ago that it was just a matter of time and he was stopping treatment, so very sad.
Very sad. Delays deserved more recognition. Faded Seaside Glamour still a great listen. RIP.

Conservative MP Sir David Amess, stabbed whilst attending a surgery. Terrible for our democracy that MP's will become scared of meeting their constituents

The world is going in the wrong direction, I think a lot has to do with social media with conspiracy theories and things spreading.

Yeah, hadn't seen it confirmed anywhere but now on the Beeb

Horrific, condolences to his family and friends,MPs surgeries are a very good part of our political process, they will inevitably change for the worse now.

Back