• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Yeah it's a very different game now and I haven't really followed rugby union since the mid-90s despite living in NZ.

JPR was one of the greats and arguably the game's best ever fullback.

Last edited:
The Haka was more like country dancing in 1973.

Mind you the team was seriously intimidating on its own!

Everyone goes on about Gareth, JPR and Phil Bennett in that game but Duckham was also magnificent. I also thought Sid Going had a poor game by his illustrious high standards for the All Blacks.

In my time watching the only full back close to JPR was Serge Blanco

A testament to her energy I guess! Don't know how she managed to keep up with stuff for decades and decades. I'm early 40s and I'm mainly reduced to arguing about which Smiths album was best and ranting on about how shit Starsailor/Toploader/Gomez were.

A testament to her energy I guess! Don't know how she managed to keep up with stuff for decades and decades. I'm early 40s and I'm mainly reduced to arguing about which Smiths album was best and ranting on about how shit Starsailor/Toploader/Gomez were.
Oi

Ex-Salford Red Devils captain Malcolm Alker has passed away at the age of 45, his former club have confirmed.

John Hurst 76, excellent centre back for Everton in the 60s and 70s.

RIP

Laurie Johnson musician and composer, aged 96, name probably doesn’t ring a bell but you’ll have heard his music,
Theme tunes for
Animal magic,
The avengers,
Jason king,
The new avengers,
The professionals.

One for @Lupo. Gigi Riva (79), Italy’s record goal scorer.
Yeah saw that, he was also part of the set up (Team Manager I think) when Italy won the World Cup in 2006 and won the Euros in 1968.

42 games 35 goals for Italy, very decent

Yes Luigi Riva was a true great. I remember him from the 1970 WC.

Music producer Frank Farien 82, the man behind Milli Vanilli and the legendary Boney M ( come on you know Rasputin is a top tune, don’t try to be all cool and edgy, you know it’s a top tune, and turn it up when it comes on the radio)

Melanie (Safka) aged 76 years.

For those who are too young or non-hippie, her songs incude;
Brand new key
Ruby Tuesday (written by the Glimmer twins)
Look what they've done to my song Ma
Lay down (Candles in the rain)

Back