• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Gordon Lightfoot, Canadian singer-songwriter, dies aged 84​

Some great songs, my favourite the lesser known, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"
A great story. Slightly inaccurate detail in the song, but yes it certainly resonates.
Did you by any chance read my story detailing the whole saga on here?
Back in the day when there was a podcast thread or at least a thread containing stories....
(It's an age thing, I can't remember what the thread was called!)

A great story. Slightly inaccurate detail in the song, but yes it certainly resonates.
Did you by any chance read my story detailing the whole saga on here?
Back in the day when there was a podcast thread or at least a thread containing stories....
(It's an age thing, I can't remember what the thread was called!)
Yeah I have a vague memory of it. I did read up on the story when the song came out.

American sprinter Tori Bowie, a three-time Olympic medallist and former 100m world champion, has died aged 32.

Edward Gaines aged 98, nobody famous but was one of the last surviving D-Day veterans, as always another step closer to WW2 passing out of living history.

Edward Gaines aged 98, nobody famous but was one of the last surviving D-Day veterans, as always another step closer to WW2 passing out of living history.
Doesn’t seem that long since WW1 did.

Harry Patch died in 2009. It’s pushing fifteen years since living memory of WW1

David Bayer 99, again nobody famous,
says in his obituary when he was 20 he came home from work digging a canal with other young men from his ghetto for the nazis, to find his family had been taken to Treblinka and he never saw them again as they were executed shortly after arriving , he was sent to Pionki labour camp where they made explosives, after being injured in an explosion he was deemed no longer useful, and sent to Auschwitz, he was liberated from there aged 23 by the red army.

Eldridge Wayne Coleman, better known by his ring name "Superstar" Billy Graham, was an American professional wrestler, aged 79 years.

'If you could read my mind' is one of the most beautiful songs ever recorded

The man inspired most singer songwriters in that era (including Dylan)

Only just discovered him myself just before he died... 'Sundown' is great too

Another one that's hit me hard. The Smiths weren't just Morrissey and Marr.

R.I.P Andy.

Andy Rourke, 59, bass player of The Smiths. Another one lost to pancreatic cancer. Fucking evil disease.
Same disease as took my Dad 43 years ago at about the same age - would have hoped that medical science had moved on though clearly not & his wasn't the best end though all who looked after him did their best.

Wasn't really a Smith's fan as my musical background is some 10 years earlier - have listened to some today & he was a seriously good musician.

Back