• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The race for 4th

Leicester are not in good form at the moment. Since christmas they've struggled. They have points on the board, but they might struggle to hold onto a top 4 place if they lose this weekend.

On a side note Brendon seems to have changed his view on accidental handball lol

Leicester are not in good form at the moment. Since christmas they've struggled. They have points on the board, but they might struggle to hold onto a top 4 place if they lose this weekend.

Their poor form can continue after the next set of Premier League fixtures. I shall be apoplectic if they lose next Monday!

Yes beat Villa please Leicester. A scrappy 1-0 due to an OG will do.

From Football365 Winners section:

Wolves’ counter-attacking

I really must stop being surprised by how good Wolves are on the counter. They are an established top-half team who have repeatedly proven their excellence against the Premier League’s biggest and best. The key to that aptitude lies in their mindset. Wherever Wolves win the ball on the pitch, they believe that they can score within 10 seconds.

Their winner against Tottenham on Sunday could be hung in the Louvre and subsequently made the subject of an assignment in a school trip workbook. Diogo Jota’s ability to control, turn and sprint down Tottenham’s right will keep Jose Mourinho up all week, but it shows the confidence in Nuno’s players. Raul Jimenez is the best all-round centre forward in the Premier League on current form. If you were designing the perfect striker for English football, they would have most of his characteristics.

If it is remarkable that Wolves have maintained their Premier League intensity despite a long Europa League campaign, their multi-tasking has lasted so long that we must expect it to continue until May. Nuno’s side face only one opponent in their remaining ten league games who are currently in the top seven. Why shouldn’t they take advantage of their peers and finish in the top four/five?

Over the top to say a player's had a poor first half of a season when he hadn't don't you think?

I think by his standards he'd been well below his best. Yes he was working hard because he always does but not much was going for him and his goals and assists were well below what you'd expect from him. It wouldn't have drawn too many arguments to have given Neto an extended run in the team in his place as Neto seems to be improving on a weekly basis. However, in the last month Diogo has returned to the player he was the 2nd half of last season and most people would say he's pretty much undroppable now. Myself included. And I'm delighted that is the case.

I have to agree that third goal was world fucking class, the art reference is spot on, I felt the same emotion seeing gustav klimpts the kiss in vienna for the first time, such a thing of beauty and perfection you cant believe its crafted by humans.

I'm sure someone has the stats that can (dis)prove this, but it feels like Jota always does better in the 2nd half of the season.

Well, the team as a whole does...

7th would be good if it was enough to mis out the EL qualifiers. We really don’t want to have to do that again, but as I doubt it will be then with the position we’ve got ourselves in we should be looking at top 6 and direct to the group stage (as long as a top 5 club win FA Cup).

Last edited:
I love this team and especially Nuno , and i have to admit they are now the best i have seen at wolves since 1957, but as for the next four games i woint be surprised if we draw two and lose two, it's just wolves, it's what we do, but jesus who cares i am sitting in Greece with a best pal who used to play for Olympiacos who so far can't get tickets because so many greeks (from the telly) have become wolves fans and want to go to the game.
I we finish 6th, 7th or 8th and drop out if the euros i will not be upset because this season so far has trashed all my wildest beliefs in a brilliant way, and for all the pride i have always had in this club over so may years, jeez i am bursting today never mind tomorrow.
Therev are olympiacos fans here who have never missed a game., who can't get tickets. fucking phenomenal for me, after 3 years, don't know about you guys

Difficult to assess what points will be needed for 4th. We'd need to win every game to get one more than Spurs last year, but obviously it's going to be a lot less than that. I'm guessing 64.

I have us getting 60 which is 3 more than last year and 6th
Utd
Chelsea
Wolves
Spurs
Sheff U
Everton
Arsenal

7th would be good if it was enough to mis out the EL qualifiers. We really don’t want to have to do that again, but as I doubt it will be then with the position we’ve got ourselves in we should be looking at top 6 and direct to the group stage (as long as a top 5 club win it).

Somewhat biased, since I've got a good bet on us being top 6, but I have to agree, if I'm honest.

I have to agree that third goal was world fucking class, the art reference is spot on, I felt the same emotion seeing gustav klimpts the kiss in vienna for the first time, such a thing of beauty and perfection you cant believe its crafted by humans.

so to summarise

giphy.gif

Difficult to assess what points will be needed for 4th. We'd need to win every game to get one more than Spurs last year, but obviously it's going to be a lot less than that. I'm guessing 64.

I have us getting 60 which is 3 more than last year and 6th
Utd
Chelsea
Wolves
Spurs
Sheff U
Everton
Arsenal

I dont see Chelse or Utd being ahead of.
Chelsea on a poor run of Form
We are a better team than Utd it's that simple.
We have a better manager than Utd

They have been unfortunate with lingard, and Rashford. That should give us the edge.

Back