• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Race For The Top Four

As Stan said, we're really not in position to turn our noses up at European football. Plus, looking at who's left this year, I'd honestly fancy our chances.

Win a trophy and guarantee Europa League for the following season? Be mad to dismiss it.

Given we've not won a "proper" trophy for 42 years I think anyone turning their noses up at the Conference must be mad. I've celebrated winning the Sherpa Van and Championship and the Conference would be a step up. Given the strength of the top clubs now unless there's a huge change even winning the League Cup would be a challenge as most of the top teams see this as the best they can hope for in the short term. The media might not see the Conference as being all that but as fans the European away games it brings beat playing Burnley and Watford. Bring it on!

Sign me up for whoever we play against. Sadly Hamburg are currently too rubbish to even get close to qualifying (not even in the right division). Union Berlin or Köln could make it though, either would be epic.

Crusaders game was brilliant. even though the temp in Wolverhampton that day was as hot as the sun
Probably the smelliest game I've ever been to, BO was off the scale in the Billy Wright.

I dream of the day that Wolves and Charlotte FC meet in the Club World Cup. 😂

Fancy Brighton to get at least a point at Old Trafford tonight. They've only lost four all season and United are shit.

I loved the fact I got to see European competition that Wolves were involved in, for most of my Wolves supporting life this just seemed a pipe dream, absolutely amazing and would love the opportunity to see it again.

Wishing we were still in it is part of the reason I haven't been able to cash in my Olympiacos tickets...

We do love a Europe bandwagon on here. Please don't get too excited. Its the hope that kills ya! Champions League?

Fancy Brighton to get at least a point at Old Trafford tonight. They've only lost four all season and United are shit.
I was thinking about this: is a draw our ideal result? Or should the brave really be hoping for a Brighton win? Depends if you are looking up or down perhaps. Given what I do or don't want will have little bearing on events, perhaps I'm overthinking it.

We do love a Europe bandwagon on here. Please don't get too excited. Its the hope that kills ya! Champions League?
Most of us are dreaming of some Europa Conference action really.

No one really expects a CL spot tbh but its a whole different world to be talking about having a chance for that than hoping we can nab 6th in the fookin Championship. Yes the hope kills you but embrace the madness of us pushing at such a level we could only dream of 5 years ago.

Those European nights were so special and I have such fond memories of them. I remember the barmy summer evening before the Crusaders games and seeing their fans in their colours singing their songs as they walked down the ring road, the town was vibrant with thousands of fans excited for what we were embarking on. Also remember the Torino game a few days before going to Italy myself and watching Bellotti at Molineux, the Besiktas coach parked outside the ground and seeing their fans in the quadrant and thinking how different their support was from English fans. The officiating was superb too compared to what we see domestically.

Great memories and such a contrast to the misery the whole world would feel and live in just a few months later.

I would snap your hand off for us to be in the Euro Conference League (better still the Europa or CL!) and have such experiences again, bring it on!

Most of us are dreaming of some Europa Conference action really.

No one really expects a CL spot tbh but its a whole different world to be talking about having a chance for that than hoping we can nab 6th in the fookin Championship. Yes the hope kills you but embrace the madness of us pushing at such a level we could only dream of 5 years ago.
Change the thread title then to the race for Europe and I can get a little bit more instep.

Back